Craving a comforting cup of mulled cider? Grab your crockpot and make this apple cider paired with mulled spices. Cozy spices that are perfect for cold weather season. Hot spiced cider is calling your name.
Table of contents
Spiced apple cider is a fresh apple cider that is filled with fresh ginger, cinnamon sticks, star anise, whole cloves and more. All cooked in a large saucepan or slow cooker to blend the flavors.
A homemade apple cider that is loaded with rich spices to make this the best cup of hot apple cider you will ever have. 3-4 hours is all it takes to make this hot cider drink.
🍎 Why This Recipe Works Well
- Toss in crockpot and let it simmer and blend the flavors
- Great for tossing in the crockpot and letting it simmer as you prep for guests, relax, etc.
- You can adjust the spices to fit your preference.
- Add some alcohol into glasses for a mulled cider cocktail.
- Easy and simple ingredients.
- A great hot drink for the whole family.
Apple Cider | I recommend buying fresh apple cider or making homemade.
Mulled Spices | Cinnamon sticks, star anise, fresh grated ginger, cloves, and nutmeg help to give warm spiced flavor.
Oranges | Orange adds a nice kick of citrus to this drink that brings it all together.
☕ How To Make
Start by adding your apple cider and then toss in all the spices, freshly grated ginger and orange slices.
Place lid on the crockpot and cook 3-4 hours. This is going to blend all the spices with the cider and give it an incredible flavor.
Use a strainer or cheesecloth to catch all the spices, and then pour your glass of mulled cider.
Decorate with fresh apple slices, oranges, or even a cinnamon stick or two.
Where To Get Disney Poisoned Apple Coffee Mug
I got my poisoned apple from Snow White and Seven Dwarfs on Amazon. You can also find it at other places. Here are a few more Disney inspired mugs you might enjoy.
🍏 Expert Tips
Double Recipe | Feel free to double the recipe if you own a larger slow cooker.
Stovetop | Skip the crockpot and make this on the stove. Just use a large pot and then once mixed up, bring to a boil, then drop the heat to simmer and stir occasionally to prevent burning.
Cranberry | You could even add a splash of cranberry juice in or even orange juice to make it more like a crockpot Wassail.
Alcohol | Once you serve up the cider adds in a splash of vodka for a nice cocktail to serve up yourself or loved ones.
Making Ahead of Time
This apple cider drink can be made in advance. Go ahead and make it the day before you want to serve it up. Then drain off the spices and orange peels.
Pour into a pitcher and store in the fridge until ready. Then just reheat the drink or serve it cold!
🥃 Recipe FAQs And Tips
To mull cider means to blend with warm spices and citrus fruit. You just transform the flavor of the apple cider to have a more spiced flavor.
Mulled cider will keep for up to 3 days when stored in the fridge properly. Just place in a container and then stir before pouring into a cup.
Bourbon or even a Vodka is a nice pairing next to apple cider. Just add a shot or so to adjust to your preference on the stoutness of the alcohol.
Mulled cider can be served cold or hot. If you serve cold consider adding in some ice, and topping with some whipped cream and a fresh orange slice.
Here Are More Delicious Fall Drink Recipes
- Cinnamon Spice Moscow Mule
- Apple Pie Vodka
- Pumpkin Spice Dalgona Coffee
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- Whipped Gingerbread Latte
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 8 cups fresh apple cider
- 1 1/2” fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 Tablespoon whole cloves
- 5 Star Anise
- 2 whole nutmeg, optional
- Start by adding your apple cider into the crockpot. You can pour into a pot on the stove as well.
- Add in your cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, fresh ginger, star Anise, and cloves along with the sliced orange.
- Cover and cook 3-4 hours in the crockpot. Or if on the stove bring to a boil, then drop to simmer and simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Once done, strain off the spices in a strainer or use a cheesecloth.
- Then pour your mulled cider in mugs and top with fresh apple slices, orange slices, or even cinnamon sticks.
- I found the apple cider sweet enough on its own, but you can optionally add 1/4 cup brown sugar or honey.
- Store in the fridge for up to three days.
- Can be served cold or hot. If served cold try adding ice to the mulled cider for a fun iced drink.
- Feel free to play around with the number of spices added in case you want to bring or tone down flavors.
- You can double this recipe if you have a larger pot for the stove or crockpot that will hold a double batch.
- You can make this a day in advance. Just ensure you strain off spices and then store in the fridge until you are ready. Then heat up and serve or pour into glasses chilled.
- If you want to make this into a mulled cider cocktail then add some bourbon or vodka to the glass and pour a cup. I like to add alcohol to the cup vs pouring into the whole slow cooker. It will store better if the two stays separated.
- You can also add ginger ale or even a lemon-lime soda into the cold mulled cider for a sparkling mulled cider drink for kids.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.