Grab a drink and sip on this cinnamon-spiced Moscow mule. Ginger beer, cinnamon syrup, vodka, and more come together for a spiced mule.
This ginger beer mule truly tickles the tastebuds. The ginger beer offers a nice bite of ginger flavor.
Whether you plan to sip on this easy fall Moscow mule after a long day at work or to serve up entertaining. This vodka cocktail is thirst-quenching.
Table of contents
Why This Recipe Works Well
- Simple ingredients
- Quick to whip up
- Can make a single or a pitcher to serve up
- Warms you up on a chilly night
Vodka and Germain Elderflower liquor | Both help bring out all the flavors of this cocktail. The German Elderflower is optional.
Cinnamon Syrup | I show you how to Make a homemade cinnamon syrup. The warm spice of the cinnamon will infuse into your drink.
Ginger Beer | Ginger beer is a non-alcoholic drink. Don’t confuse ginger beer with ginger ale.
How to Make
Start by making the cinnamon simple syrup. Get a small on and add water, cinnamon sticks and brown sugar. Cook until the sugar is completely dissolved. This takes 3-5 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and allow the syrup to steel. Once the 30 minutes is up, remove cinnamon sticks.
Now grab your Moscow Mule copper cup and pour in the cinnamon simple syrup, vodka and St. Germain, and lime juice.
Add in your ice and then top with ginger beer and garnish.
Variations To Recipe
There are a handful of ways you could change up the recipe. Use Apple cider to replace the ginger beer, and orange to replace the lime.
Reach for orange to replace the lime in the cinnamon ginger version.
Add in apple slices to recipe for more of a fall twist to your drink.
- Make sure you buy ginger beer, not ginger ale. They are two different things.
- You can skip St. Germain liqueur if you don’t have it. Adds great flavor but is optional.
- Light or dark brown sugar works for the cinnamon syrup.
- Store any remaining cinnamon syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Fresh lime juice offers the best flavor in this Moscow Mule.
- ½ ounce of lime juice is roughly ½ of a small lime.
Can I Make In Advance
Unlike other mixed drinks this cinnamon mule should be made right before serving. It will lose flavor if it sits and melts down with ice.
I recommend mixing it up and serving fresh for optimal flavor. This cinnamon moscow mule is my favorite cocktail recipe.
Copper cups are great for maintaining a proper temperature. You can make chilled or hot drinks in these copper mugs and it will maintain the temperature for quite some time. So sipping a refreshing chilled drink is optimal in a copper mug.
Why is it called Moscow Mule?
The name Moscow Mule doesn’t have too much meaning. Americans associate vodka with Russia so Moscow was picked. Then since ginger beer packs a nice punch they went with mule.
Ginger beer is a great mixer for Moscow mule recipes and other drinks. It packs a warm spiced flavor from the ginger used.
It is made with a fermenting process of ginger, water, and sugar.
Here Are More Drinks to Make
For the Cinnamon Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
For the Cocktail
- 1-ounce vodka
- 3/4 ounce cinnamon syrup
- 1/2 ounce St. Germain Elderflower liquor, optional but encouraged
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/3 cup ginger beer, or to taste
- Slice of lime and cinnamon stick to garnish, optional
- To make the cinnamon simple syrup you will bring a saucepan to a boil with the water, brown sugar and cinnaon sticks. Once the sugar dissolves, remove from heat, and set aside for 30 minutes to cool down.
- For the cocktail you will pour your vodka into your moscow mule copper mug, then top with cinnamon syrup, St. Germain, and lime juice.
- Now fill the glass with some ice, and top with your ginger beer. Garnish the cinnamon spice moscow mule with lime and cinnamon sticks.
- Serve your fall moscow mule immedietly after making.
Store your cinnamon syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Remove cinnamon sticks before storing.
Double the recipe if you want to make more than one cocktail.
Light or dark brown sugar can be used in the cinnamon syrup.
St. Germain is found in most liquor stores. But if you can't find it you can skip it.
Make sure to buy ginger beer and not ginger ale, they are not the same thing.
You could swap apple cider with the ginger beer for a cinnamon apple moscow mule flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.