Whiskey and Ginger Ale with a splash of lime is one refreshing adult beverage to whip up in a hurry. Light, refreshing, and bursting with fresh flavors. This whiskey cocktail is a must make.
Think again, with this light and refreshing whiskey and ginger drink, it will change your mind! This can easily become a Jack and ginger cocktail to replace the Crown Royal! Try this Mexican bloody maria made with tequila for another boozy drink.
Table of contents
Whiskey is something we generally have tucked in our freezer. It is a great base for so many whiskey drinks. Jack Daniels, Crown Royal, are two of our favorites.
But we don’t discriminate against all other whiskey brands on the market. Pick your favorite whiskey and make this whiskey and ginger cocktail!
Why Make This Whiskey And Ginger Ale…
- Minimal Ingredients
- Versatile on soda you use
- Pick your favorite whiskey
- Cool down and relax after a hard day
Try my Jack and Coke boozy frozen ice pop, to chill you down on a hot summer day as well!
- Ginger Ale
How to Make
Full steps on how to make this whiskey and ginger cocktail is featured below. This is a quick walk through.
- Place your ice into your cup. Feel free to adjust the ice to your preference.
- Add a shot of whiskey into the glass, then top with ginger ale. Add in a splash of lime juice and some thin sliced lime, and serve.
What To Mix With Whiskey?
Wondering what to mix with whiskey? You are in luck! Whiskey is one incredible base for mixed drinks and cocktails. Let me share some ideas below, on how you can use your whiskey as the base to a cocktail.
- Lemon or Lime Juice will help bring the woodiness out of the whiskey.
- Ginger ale or Lemon Lime Soda of course! I couldn’t miss including this in the list.
- Lemonade is a wonderful base, might sound weird but trust me!
- Club soda offers a nice fizz and bubble without changing the flavor too much.
- Apple Cider is a great base for fall and winter months where you want a warmer drink.
- Coffee for a kickstart of caffeine mixed with your whiskey.
What Is Whiskey and Ginger Ale Called
Whiskey Ginger, Ginger Whiskey, Jameson and Ginger, Irish Buck, and the list goes on. However you choose to call your whiskey and ginger ale, it is an incredible duo that shouldn’t be overlooked!
Can You Mix Jack Daniels With Ginger Ale?
Yes, you can mix Jack Daniels with Ginger Ale! I used Black Crown Royal for this recipe, but we have many times used Jack Daniels instead.
Whiskey, rum, and even vodka are great alcohols to pair with your ginger ale. Feel free to play around with ingredients to find what you like.
You can use diet ginger ale for this whiskey ginger cocktail. That is what I used, and it worked great. I have also made it with regular ginger ale and we liked it as well. So you can swap with the brand you prefer (we LOVE Canada Dry) and whether you want regular or diet.
You can make this cocktail in advance, but the big thing is to leave out the ice. Otherwise, your cocktail will melt and get watered down fast.
Yes, whiskey and ginger beer go well together! Whiskey and ginger beer is a popular cocktail known as a “Moscow Mule with whiskey” or a “Kentucky Mule.” Ginger beer has a stronger ginger flavor than ginger ale, which makes it a great mixer with whiskey.
More Whiskey Recipes
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
Whiskey And Ginger Ale
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 4-5 ounces ginger ale
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Start by placing ice in your cup. Then add in your whiskey shot to glass.
- Pour ginger ale over the top, and squeeze in some fresh lime juice.
- Stir and enjoy your whiskey and ginger ale!
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar