Grab some salty tortilla chips or sliced French bread and whip up this spinach artichoke dip tonight! Simple prep, quick cook time, and a cheesy dip await. This spinach dip is cheesy, creamy, and the perfect savory dip.
If you love spinach artichoke dip, then you will enjoy how easy this dip is to make. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes is all this creamy artichoke spinach dip takes to cook.
Instant Pot spinach and artichoke dip is a great artichoke dip recipe you can make for parties, game day appetizers, and more. Pair with salty tortilla chips, bread, veggies, or any of your favorite dippers.
Table of contents
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple Prep
- Quick Cook Time
- No Need to thaw and drain frozen spinach for easy prep
- Fantastic Instant Pot Dip recipe for a crowd
Main Ingredients For Dip
Spinach & Artichoke Hearts | These two ingredients are a must. I used jarred hearts and frozen spinach.
Cheese | Cream cheese, sharp cheese, sour cream, and Monterey Jack all come together for a creamy cheesy dip.
Spices | Garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and more bring tons of flavor to the dip.
🧀 How to Make
To make Instant Pot spinach dip you will simply toss in your frozen spinach, artichoke hearts, chicken stock, sour cream, cream cheese, garlic, salt, and the red pepper flakes.
You will want to stir the mixture around, and then place the lid on the Instant Pot. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Do high pressure for 3 minutes followed by a quick release of pressure.
When finished, remove the lid, stir in the shredded Monterey cheese and sharp cheddar shredded cheese and stir until fully melted.
Serve the hot artichoke dip right away, with all your favorite dippers.
How to Make In Oven
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, and then pour into a baking dish. Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and fully warmed through.
Serve with your favorite chips, bread, pretzels, etc.
- Make sure to mix the dip ingredients before you place the lid on and cook in the pressure cooker.
- Stir in cheese and just let it melt as it sits. If you turn on the saute it could burn the bottom of the pot.
- Feel free to swap sharp cheese out with mozzarella for a more mellow flavor.
- Pretzels, chips, bread, sliced veggies all make great ways to scoop up the dip
- Save leftover dip in the fridge for 3-4 days. Then reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
- You can double the recipe if you have a larger pressure cooker that doesn’t go over the max fill line.
I wish I could say this was a super healthy dip. But despite the fact of spinach and artichokes in it, the cheese kind of ruins the healthy. But eat in moderation for a tasty appetizer or snack.
Most of the time spinach dip is served warm with your favorite dippers like chips, bread, etc. But, you can easily save leftovers and eat the dip cold from the fridge! It is just as tasty!
Save it and reheat the spinach dip for a snack later on in the week. Pair with some pasta for a creamy sauce for the pasta, top chicken, etc.
Due to the dairy products used in the spinach artichoke dip, you can not freeze leftovers. You will find when you go to thaw from the freezer the texture of the dip is curdled.
Saute your fresh spinach leaves to allow them to wilt down. Then once spinach has cooked down a bit and cooled off, you will use a cheesecloth or paper towel to squeeze off excess liquid. Then toss in mixture and cook accordingly.
Easy Appetizers To Whip Up
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach 10-ounce
- 1 can quarter artichoke hearts rinsed and drained (14-ounce)
- 1 package cream cheese cubed (8-ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- In your Instant Pot you will place your frozen spinach, drained and rinsed artichoke hearts, cream cheese cubes, sour cream, chicken stock, garlic, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on and make sure the valve is set to sealing position. Now you will do a high pressure for 3 minutes, followed by a quick release of pressure.
- Stir in your shredded sharp and Monterey jack cheese and stir until fully melted. This takes just a few minutes.
- Serve immediately with salty chips, bread, etc. You can top with green onions or chopped parsley for presentation value if you would like.
- This Instant Pot spinach artichoke dip is so easy to make. This is a great party appetizer to serve up.