Patty Melt Beef Sliders are my all-time favorite ground beef recipe. Not only does it make a killer party sandwich, but it’s super simple to make as well. Seasoned ground beef, caramelized onions, mozzarella cheese, on a butter roll.
Craving even more simple sandwich recipes? Check out these recipes for this Easy Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe or this Instant Pot Hot Beef Sandwich With Mashed Potatoes Recipe! So good and simple!
Patty Melt Sliders
There’s just something about the combination of melted cheese and ground beef piled on super soft buttery Hawaiian rolls. I can’t say no. I won’t say no. I’ll never say no. Haha, see a trend?
While I’ve whipped this up for many tailgating events in the past, I also love having them on hand for a party appetizer, or even a weeknight dinner.
These easy ground beef sliders are going to be a hit no matter when you make them! Trust me on this…they’re just that good! It’s just such a good party sandwich.
How To Make Patty Melt Sliders
What I love about this simple sandwich recipe is that I could make it in my sleep. You’ll be ready to chow down the moment that your nose starts smelling that sweet, sweet smell.
Step 1: Mix your ground beef with Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Make one large patty and press it out into a 9×13 pan.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until the hamburger is fully cooked. (it is like one gigantic patty to cover the entire Hawaiian rolls)
Step 2: In a pan, you will add butter onions, and then lightly salt and pepper. Saute these onions until they are caramelized onions this takes 30-40 minutes.
Stir occasionally to ensure the onions don’t burn.
Step 3: Now slice Hawaiian butter rolls in half, and open it up. Place cooked hamburger patty, top with carmelized onions, and cheese.
Step 4: Place butter roll top on, brush with melted butter, bake 20 minutes at 350.
Step 5: Slice and serve. Whether it is a game day food for a crowd pleasing appetizer. Or make these sliders for dinner!
Full directions and recipe is in the printable recipe card below.
What’s the difference between a patty melt and a cheeseburger?
Patty melts are a seasoned ground beef sandwich that is topped with carmelized onions and cheese. A classic petty melt uses a toasted buttered bread like a grilled cheese.
Cheeseburgers are seasoned, pan fried, and then topped with cheese and served on a hamburger bun.
Who invented the patty melt?
The creation of the patty melt has been around since the 1940s. Started in California, it’s become quite popular as it has swept through the nation and stands strong.
What does slider mean?
We say it quite often when we’re talking about smaller sandwiches and burgers, but what is a slider exactly anyway?
It seems as though the term “slider” came from the Navy back in the 1940s. They gave mini burgers this term because they tended to be a bit more greasy, and “slid” into the belly. The more you know!
Can you use any type of bread for sliders?
You really can! I’m a fan of the butter Hawaiian rolls because they’re so soft and delicious but you can easily use any type of breading or rolls that you want.
You can even bake up your own homemade rolls and use those as well. Once you have your bread choose, it’s up to you to decide whether or not to toast the bun or leave as is!
What other toppings can you add to patty melt sliders?
It’s really up to you. Traditional patty melts are going to have onions and cheese, but why let that stop you?
Add on toppings like tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, or anything else that you want. Make this patty melt slider your own!
As you can see, these simple patty melt sliders are a great way to have a good lunch or a tasty treat!
Just gather up the list of simple ingredients below to get started! You’re going to love how they turn out!
More Easy Sandwich Recipes
- 15 Chicken Sandwiches or Salads Perfect For Picnic Season
- French Dip Roast Beef Sliders
- The Best Chicken Club Wrap Recipe (with video)
- Grilled Chicken Wrap
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps (Freezer Meal)
Patty Melt Beef Sliders Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese butter king Hawaiian rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix your ground beef with Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Make one large patty and press it out into a 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until the hamburger is fully cooked. (it is like one gigantic patty to cover the entire Hawaiian rolls)
- In a pan, you will add butter onions, and then lightly salt and pepper. Saute these onions until they are caramelized onions this takes 30-40 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure the onions don’t burn.
- Now slice Hawaiian butter rolls in half, and open it up. Place cooked hamburger patty, top with caramelized onions, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place butter roll top on, brush with melted butter, bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Once patty melt beef sliders are done, slice and serve up these easy and delicious beef sliders. Serve as an appetizer or weeknight dinner.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Comments & Reviews
I made the sliders for a party and they were a hit Thanks for the Recipe
That makes me so happy for you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know!