Whip up this easy and restaurant style pan seared salmon. A crispy seared salmon that is seasoned to perfect and pan seared nicely. A delicious pan fried salmon that is restaurant approved dinner ready in under 15 minutes!
Simple ingredients are the key to a great salmon dish. I love the simplicity of this blackened salmon recipe, and you can always change up the seasoning to fit your liking. Pair your salmon with this roasted cauliflower or a side of rice.
The technique to making pan fried salmon with skin or skinless is simple. I will walk you through how to make dinner a breeze. This is the best way to cook salmon in my books!
This Pan Seared Salmon Is…
- Ready in Under 15 Minutes
- Made with 4 Ingredients
- Restaurant Quality
- Nutrient Rich
Salmon Fillets – You will want to purchase salmon fillets. Fresh or frozen work. If frozen just thaw completely before cooking.
Oil – So I used a vegetable oil but you can use any oil you like cooking with.
Creole Seasoning – So I used a creole seasoning, but you are welcome to use any flavor of seasoning you want.
Lime – The acidic in the lime really transforms the salmon and brings out tons of flavor!
Cast Iron Skillets are wonderful for making pan seared salmon fillets. Heating on high heat provides an even heat to where you get a nice sear on your salmon!
Another great tool is a salmon spatula. This spatula is great for getting under the salmon and flipping it gently. It is flexible and long which helps make flipping your fish easier. It can be used for so many other items in your menu plan as well.
- Instead of making homemade spice blend for salmon, you can buy a blackened seasoning.
- Cook as many or little of salmon steaks as you want.
- You can control how much of little of seasoning you add to fillets.
- Add in some lime zest at the end to add more zesty lime flavor.
- Swap the lime with lemon if you would prefer.
Skin On Or Off
Skin can be on or off when you sear the salmon. You will find that having skin on one side will help insulate the salmon and prevent it from overcooking and falling apart.
But, if you have salmon that is skinless you are more than welcome to use skinless salmon as well. It just could break apart if sticks a bit in the pan.
How to Make
Full directions for this recipe are in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk through on how to make salmon.
Step One: Start by adding all the seasonings into a small bowl. Mix well to incorporate.
Step Two: Next you will lightly oil the fish and take remaining oil and place in a skillet on the stove.
Step Three: Heat the oil in the cast iron skillet. Then while the pan is heating up season both sides of your salmon liberally.
Step Four: Cook one side 4-5 minutes or until is darkened.
Step Five: Next you will flip once salmon reads 145 degrees internally with a meat thermometers
Once the salmon is done, remove the aw a skillet and serve.
What to Serve With Pan Fried Salmon
If you don’t eat all the salmon right away you can store in the fridge for up to 3 days. I find salmon is best eaten freshly made.
You can use leftover salmon to top a salad or warm up for a meal prep lunch paired with rice, veggies, etc.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
Pan Seared Salmon
- 4 Salmon Filets 3-4 ounces each
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- Lime Juice as desired
- Start by adding oil into your cast iron skillet. Turn the temperature to medium-high and let the oil get nice and hot.
- Brush the salmon with a little oil, and then season with your Cajun seasoning, or blackened seasoning if you prefer.
- Place the salmon in the hot skillet and sear the salmon for 3-4 minutes, then carefully flip and repeat. Cook until the salmon is 145 degrees internally.
- Remove the salmon from the skillet and then add the lime juice on top of the fish if you desire and serve with your favorite sides.
Air Fryer Directions
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add a light coating of oil to salmon and season the same.
- Place in preheated Air Fryer cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until it reaches 145 degrees.