Oven roasted cauliflower is a wonderful way to serve up a cauliflower side dish that the whole family can enjoy. I used garlic and parmesan cheese to season the cauliflower florets that get roasted and creates golden brown edges that are bursting with rich flavor. Roast cauliflower is made with simple ingredients and provides big flavor.
Oven-roasted cauliflower pairs well with pork chops, baked chicken, steak and more. It is a versatile side dish that takes no time to prep. This is one of my favorite side dish recipes I make often.
This Cauliflower Recipe Is…
- Crispy golden edges
- Slight nutty flavor
- Made with parmesan cheese for a tangy twist
- Bite-sized pieces
- Easy recipe
- Simple side dish
This roasted vegetable recipe is great with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, or even a sprinkle of fresh herbs on top. No matter how you finalize this dish is going to be a hit.
Head of Cauliflower – I used a whole head of cauliflower that I cut up into florets. This averaged about 3-4 cups of cauliflower. You are welcome to buy prepared cauliflower florets.
Oil – Olive oil or vegetable or canola oil will work.
Garlic – Mince garlic to use for flavoring the cauliflower.
Salt and Pepper – You will season to taste.
Parmesan – Grated parmesan compliments the cauliflower and garlic perfectly.
How to Make
Full steps and measurements for the roasted cauliflower are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. Scroll to the bottom for the printable card.
Step One: Preheat the oven at 400 degrees and allow the oven to fully get heated.
Step Two: Next you will wash and prep your cauliflower and cut into florets. Then place it in a bowl.
Step Three: Add in your spices and oil and toss to coat. You want it to evenly coat the vegetable. Then spread it out on your baking sheet.
Step Four: Bake as directed, and then flip over the cauliflower and finish baking. Once done serve and enjoy.
Air Fryer Directions
If you own an air fryer you can take your cauliflower head and transform it into this delicious side dish. Grab that fresh cauliflower and get to air frying!
Prep the cauliflower as you would and then place in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Then air fryer at 390 degrees for 13-15 minutes. You will flip the cauliflower over half way through the cook time.
Depending on the size of your florets the cook time can vary. For larger pieces they will take longer than small florets. The biggest thing is an even layer, and if you need batch cook.
Tips For Success
- Parchment paper is a big help or silicone baking mat to prevent the cauliflower from sticking to the pan.
- Make sure you place the pan in a hot oven. It is going to be key to getting the cauliflower nice and crispy.
- Aim to slice the raw cauliflower into similar sized pieces.
- Feel free to change up the spices used to season the veggies. Classic sea salt and black pepper, just some garlic powder, Cajun spices, etc.
Store any leftovers you have in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or warm it up on a sheet pan in the oven. Just heat until it is warmed all the way through.
What to Pair With This Side Dish
Printable Recipe Card
- 1 head cauliflower about 3-4 cups of florets
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Then prep a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper, aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat.
- Then in a medium to large bowl you will dice up your cauliflower into evenly sized florets.
- Drizzle in the oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss well to ensure it is evenly coated.
- Spread the florets on the baking sheet in an even layer, not crowding the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and then flip at the 10 minute mark.
- Cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender, and golden.
- Once done, sprinkle with the grated parmesan and serve.