Pumpkin poke cake is one of my favorite fall cake recipes. A homemade pumpkin cake that is poked full of holes and poured with a condensed milk and cream cheese topping then whipped cream. This pumpkin cake is phenomenal.
Grab that spoon and give good pumpkin dessert s try. This is a wonderful fall cake to make for parties, family gatherings, potluck events and more. This pumpkin spice cake is a winner for sure.
This Pumpkin Poke Cake Recipe Is
- Homemade pumpkin cake
- Sweet and Delicious
- Moist cake
- Rich flavor
- Stores well
- Simple steps
- Crowd Worthy
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Spice Seasoning
- Cool Whip
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cream cheese
- Caramel sauce (optional)
I drizzled caramel on top for a pumpkin caramel cake recipe. But you can always switch it up.
- Toffee bits
- Nuts – pecans are tasty on this cake
- Butterfinger crumbles
- Drizzle of salt on top caramel for a sea salt flavor
How To Make
Step One: Start by mixing oil and sugar in a bowl. You can use a whisk to mix, or do a hand or stand mixer.
Step Two: Now you will mix in the pumpkin puree, vanilla and egg. Once well mixed you will then move on.
Step Three: Now add in the spices, baking soda, baking powder, and slowly add flour a little at a time. Mix until most clumps are gone.
Step Four: Pour the pumpkin cake batter into a greased 9×13 pan. Then bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the cake is baked through.
Step Five: Once done allow the cake to cool a bit. Then take the back of a spoon or spatula and poke holes all over the cake.
Step Six: Now, in a stand mixer blend your sweetened condensed milk and softened cream cheese. Pour this over your cake, and cover and place in the fridge to fully cool.
Step Seven: Once the pumpkin cake is fully cooled, pour on the whipped cream and spread evenly. Then drizzle on some caramel sauce, and slice and serve up this decadent pumpkin poke cake with caramel drizzle.
Variations To Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake
Here are a few easy changes you can make for this pumpkin spice poke cake. An easy pumpkin recipe that offers different varieties of flavor.
- Top with Heath crumbles
- Leave off caramel syrup
- Add in white chocolate chips to cake
- Leave off the condensed milk and just pour over sweetened condensed milk instead
- Make homemade whipped cream instead of cool whip
- Add on your favorite fall sprinkles to top of whipped cream for a fun fall poke cake dessert.
- Top with pecans or even some crumbled walnuts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- No Bake Pumpkin Lush
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Best Pumpkin Waffles
- Layered Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
Pumpkin Spice Cake Ingredients
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 can pumpkin puree, 15 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 ounces
- 1 tub whipped cream, 8 ounces
- Caramel Sauce, optional
- Grease a 9x13 pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, you will add your oil and the light brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until no lumps are shown.
- Now you will add in the eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Next you will add in the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin spice seasoning. Stir well.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixing until most lumps are gone. Then pour into your prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 30-35 minutes or until the cake is baked fully. Once done allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Then in a mixer or with a hand mixer cream your sweetened condensed milk with your cream cheese. Mix till creamy.
- Poke holes all over the cake with the pack end of a spoon. Then pour the condensed milk mixture all over the cake, spreading it around.
- Cover the cake and refrigerate for 2 hours or until cooled.
- Top the cold cake with whipped cream and drizzle caramel sauce on top if you would like.
- Slice and serve up this delicious pumpkin poke cake!
Toppings For Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake: You can do toffee bits, pecans, walnuts, mini chocolate chips, drizzle on a little chocolate, or serve it plain. I have even done sprinkles for fall.
Topping - You can do just condensed milk if you don't want to do the cream cheese as well. The cream cheese adds a tangy texture to the cake.
Whipped Topping - If you are not a fan of Cool Whip you can make homemade whipped cream to spread on top.
Storing Cake - This pumpkin poke cake recipe needs to be refrigerated once done. Cover tightly and store for around 4-7 days.
Freezing Cake - This cake does freeze well. Freeze for 3-4 months, then thaw on the counter for a quick thaw, or in the fridge overnight.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 263mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 8g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.