Instant Pot Mexican Casserole is loaded with Tex Mex flavor in every bite. Seasoned ground beef, enchilada sauce, corn tortillas, and more all in one cheesy Mexican casserole!
Do you ever crave Mexican recipes? I know we do, so I always try to keep items on hand to throw Instant Pot casserole recipes like this together in no time for dinner.
🍲 Main Ingredients
Ground beef | Grab some beef and cook it up until it crumbles and season with salt and pepper!
Enchilada Sauce | Enchilada sauce is going to help add flavor to this casserole. You can make homemade or buy canned.
Corn Tortillas | I love the sliced tortillas paired to the beef, sauce and cheese!
How to Make
On the saute feature of your Instant Pot you will add your ground beef and cook it until no longer pink. Salt and pepper the beef as it cooks.
Now you will add in your Enchilada sauce and stir well. Then top the mexican hamburger casserole with the sliced strips of corn tortillas and cheese.
Stir and then add in the remaining shredded cheese. Close lid and cook on high pressure with the valve sealed. Pressure cook 3 minutes followed by a quick release.
🥑 Topping Ideas
- Sliced Avocados
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
- Crushed Tortilla Chips
Can I Use Ground Turkey
Swap the ground beef with turkey for this Instant Pot Mexican recipe! It will taste just as good just be a bit lighter in flavor.
You could even dice up cooked chicken and use that to replace the beef in this recipe.
- Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to prevent a burn notice as it cooks. The stuck on hamburger can trigger a burn notice.
- Season the beef as it cooks to help add flavor.
- Feel free to toss in some black beans or even corn to add more flavor.
- If you don’t have corn tortillas, go right ahead and cook without then use chips instead.
🍴 Does This Casserole Double
Go right ahead and make a double batch if you would like. The biggest thing is to watch the max fill line on your Instant Pot.
If you have a 6 quart or larger you can easily double. I don’t own a smaller-sized Instant Pot so I can’t fully say if it will work or not.
How to Store Leftovers
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, place in the proper airtight container and store in the fridge. This recipe will store for around three days in the fridge.
Use your best judgment in terms of if you feel the dish has gone bad. When in doubt toss it out.
Instant Pot Mexican Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups enchilada sauce red (store bought or homemade)
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 10 corn tortillas cut into long strips
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute and brown your ground beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- After the meat is fully cooked, stir in your enchilada sauce. Scrape the bottom of your pressure cooker pot to ensure nothing is stuck. Turn off saute feature.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups of your grated shredded cheese and your sliced corn tortillas.
- Stir well and then top the Mexican casserole with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure your valve is set to sealing. Cook high pressure for 3 minutes, followed by a quick release.
- Once done spoon up onto plates or bowls, top with sour cream, black olives and cilantro.
- This Instant Pot Mexican casserole is so easy, quick and delicious. Enjoy.
- If your enchilada sauce seems too thick, add a little water or chicken stock to help thin it up to prevent the burn notice. Every brand of sauce is different.
- If you want to thicken the sauce once cooked, add 1 teaspoon cornstarch to 1 teaspoon cold water and then stir into the hot mixture and stir once all cooked. It will thicken the mixture.