Instant Pot Cauliflower just got a makeover with this Mexican Street Corn Style or Elote Instant Pot Whole Roasted Cauliflower recipe!
Instant Pot Cauliflower
This is a Keto cauliflower recipe made right in your pressure cooker. Flavorful, delicious and crazy simple to make.
A gluten-free side dish that is loaded with flavor, and won’t disappoint a crowd. Pair with my Instant Pot tamales for the ultimate dinner.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower sometimes gets a bad rap. But what I see is a beautiful way to transform your veggie into the ultimate side dish. Whole roasted cauliflower never tasted so good.
I actually got inspiration from this recipe from my great friend, Melissa, over at Sparkles to Sprinkles! She has a dynamite street corn recipe you have to try in the pressure cooker.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
Cauliflower Instant Pot
This Cauliflower Instant Pot recipe takes the ultimate turn. You brush on a flavorful mixture and then broil or air fry till perfectly toasted.
Sprinkle on Cotija cheese, lime juice, and cilantro and grab that fork and dive in!
How To Make Elote Instant Pot Cauliflower
- Start by prepping your cauliflower by removing leaves and washing it.
- Then place water and cauliflower in Instant Pot on the trivet and cook on high for 2 minutes with a quick release.
- Mix up your base, and use a brush to apply to cauliflower. Then toss in your Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer or oven on broil to brown it up.
- Remove and top with cheese, cilantro, and freshly squeezed lime juice.
This elote style cauliflower is mind-blowing, and one recipe you will want to make every single time you get a chance.
How To Serve Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Since the cauliflower is not super tender, you can easily slice off wedges and serve it that way. The cauliflower will hold its shape nicely. This is how I tend to serve our Elote style cauliflower.
Now you can also slice the cauliflower into cauliflower steaks and toast them up in the oven or air fryer that way for a different take on the recipe.
Craving more Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs | Take a savory twist to the classic deviled egg recipe. This is made with everything bagel seasoning and is out of this world.
- Instant Pot Street Corn Salad | If you love street corn try my salad mix, where you have all the flavors but in a bowl form.
- The Best Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes | Talk about the ultimate dinner idea. Juicy and flavorful meatloaf with a side of mashed potatoes.
What Can I Use If I Don’t Have Cotija Cheese
So we live in a rural area, and this cheese is a hard one to find at times. If you don’t have access to the Cotija cheese feel free to reach for feta cheese.
I have even heard that you can use parmesan cheese as well to replace cotija.
Personally, I have used feta in the past and it works great. It will slightly vary the flavor of the street corn style dish but overall it is very similar.
Why Broil Or Air Fry The Cauliflower
As you can see by tossing this whole roasted cauliflower in the oven it will give it a charred look on the outside.
It helps add a depth of flavor that you won’t get just by smearing it on the outside of your cauliflower.
The flavor will get locked in giving your pressure cooker cauliflower that ultimate satisfying flavor that leaves you coming back for one more bite.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese (or feta cheese)
- First, you want to do is pour 2 cups of water into your 8 quart Instant Pot. If you are using a 6 quart pour 1 cup water. Sit trivet in the pressure cooker.
- Now prep your head of cauliflower. You will want to peel off the leaves on the bottom and cut off the end. Then rinse your head to remove any dirt.
- Sit your cauliflower head on the trivet, and then turn Instant Pot on high pressure, and make sure the valve is sealed. Cook 2 minutes with a quick release.
- Carefully remove your whole cauliflower head, and place it on a baking pan.
- Mix up your mayo, sour cream, garlic salt, paprika, and chili powder in a bowl. Use a pastry brush and spread over the pressure cooked cauliflower.
- Place the whole cauliflower in the oven on broil, or return to the pressure cooker and use the air fryer setting on your duo crisp. Cook 3 minutes or so until the cauliflower is broiled a bit. If you broil you will want to watch it close as it takes just a minute or two.
- Remove from oven or air fryer, and then sprinkle with cheese, fresh cilantro, and squeeze some fresh lime juice on top.
- Slice your Elote cauliflower into wedges and serve up as the ultimate side dish recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g