Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are a fun and easy weeknight or tailgating recipe! I made this chicken taco base into a walking taco! Seasoned adobo chicken walking tacos with black beans, corns, and of course all your favorite traveling taco toppings!
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Portable tacos that are customized for each person. Grab your single-serve bag of chips, your toppings, and don’t forget the shredded chicken mixture.
Serve up a dinner for your family or a crowd.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Step 1: In your Instant Pot you will add in your water, chopped chipotles in adobo sauce, taco seasoning, and diced tomatoes. Stir well to make sure it is combined.
Step 2: Now add in your raw chicken breasts and black beans. Cover with your lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Do a 5 minute high pressure cook, followed by a quick release.
Step 3: Open the lid, remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and with meat claws or two forks shred the chicken.
Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and stir.
Step 4: Open up your bags of Fritos or even Doritos, top chips with the chicken and chipotle sauce, and pile on your favorite taco toppings!
Full directions and recipe is in the printable recipe card below.
Favorite Taco Topping Ideas
- Sour Cream
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Salsa or Pico De Gallo
- Refried Beans
- Diced onions
- Black Olives
- Shredded Lettuce
Add on any and all your favorite toppings. I have done this for tailgating and just created a taco bar and they essentially made their traveling chicken tacos how they preferred.
Are These Adobo Chicken Tacos Spicy
The Adobo adds some heat to these tacos. If you are not a fan of spice leave them out or add just a little bit of one and the juice. You can create your taco salad mixture to fit your taste preference.
Do I Have To Make Frito Pies With This Recipe
If you don’t want to make tacos in a bag, then just serve up this chicken on floured tortillas, hard shell tacos, or even over a bed of rice.
We loved the chip bag idea for fun and ease, but it can be served any other way you prefer.
This is such a great Instant Pot chicken recipe you might want to try out in your pressure cooker!
Can I Make This Recipe In A Slow Cooker
You can make this chicken adobo recipe in the slow cooker. I put the full directions in the recipe card in the note section so you can print it out!
This is a great quick and easy instant pot chicken breast recipe, but it can also be a great weeknight slow cooker recipe to come home to a home cooked meal.
Here Are A Few More Popular Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
- Easy Pork Spare Ribs Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta
- Chicken Pasta with Broccoli
- 3/4 cup water
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 3 chipoltes from chipoltes in adobo, chopped (if you can't take heat do 1/2 pepper)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Single serve bags of Frito Chips
- Shredded Lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- In your Instant Pot you will add your water, taco seasoning, chipoltes and some sauce, diced tomatoes, and black beans. Give a good stir, then drop in your raw chicken breasts.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Then do a 5 minute high pressure cook, followed by a quick release.
- Open the Instant Pot and remove the chicken carefully. Use meat claws or forks to shred the cooked chicken.
- Place the cooked chicken back into the Instant Pot, stir well, and then assemble your walking tacos. Or serve the chicken with rice, on soft tortillas, etc.
- For walking tacos, open single serve bag of Fritos or Dorito chips. Add in some chicken mix, and pile with your favorite toppings.
Chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. If your chicken is not fully done, place lid back on the pressure cooker and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
Cook time does vary depending on how small or large your chicken is.
Traveling Tacos : Any single serve bag of chip works, so have fun and create a taco bar if you want with all the options!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 31g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.