Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos will transform your Mexican dinner night. Pressure cooker beef tacos, are a fantastic shredded beef instant pot taco.
Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos
A perfect blend of shredded beef that is braised in cumin, garlic, chipotle adobo, with a zest of lime to really bring the flavors out.
Top with your favorite taco toppings and you have one savory dinner dish to serve up to your family.
Ways To Serve Up Pulled Beef Tacos
The beauty of this instant pot pulled beef tacos is you can serve them over a bed of rice, in tortilla shells, or just add your toppings and eat without a base for a lower carb option!
This is such a versatile recipe, and our family just goes nuts over them! I recently purchased an Instant Pot, and I am so excited to begin testing out even more recipes and sharing with you all!
Craving More Instant Pot Recipes
Also if you are on the hunt for more tasty pressure cooker recipes, check out my Instant Pot Thai Peanut Noodles!
One-pot and you can make these in less than 30 minutes! Or check out my Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta.
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta
- Easy Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs
- Ground Beef Philly Cheesesteak And Rice
- Instant Pot Goulash
Instant Pot Barbacoa Beef Tacos
Easy Toppings For Shredded Tacos
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Pico De Gallo
You can pile these up with all your favorite toppings if you would like. Get creative and have fun with the Instant Pot tacos.
Best Type of Roast To Use
Now if you do not have a chuck roast you are welcome to use another type of roast.
I find a chuck roast is an affordable option but also they have good marbling which helps give a nice flavor and a tender finish.
Tame Down The Heat
If you want to tame the heat only add 1 chipotle pepper or skip the actual peppers and just add a tsp of the sauce. This will help reduce the amount of heat these tacos pack.
- 3lb beef tender chuck roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 limes; sliced
- 1 bundled of cilantro; chopped
- 1 -4 ounce can of green chilis
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 cups beef broth or lager beer
- 1 large onion; sliced into chunks
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons garlic; minced
- 1 large red onion; diced for topping
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 packages of tortillas, corn or flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Turn instant pot to saute, and season your beef with salt and pepper. Then sear all sides of the meat. Since it is cut up you might need to batch cook.
- Once all your meat is seared, turn off saute, and add in your broth or beer and use a wooden spoon to deglaze your pot. This will prevent the burn notice.
- Now you will add in 1/2 the cilantro that is chopped, green chilis, apple cider vinegar, cumin, onion, oregano, bay leaves, minced garlic, chipotle peppers, and close the lid.
- Make sure the seal is sealed and not on venting. Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes with a 20-minute natural release.
- Remove the lid and then take out the bay leaves. Now you can shred your beef.
- Warm-up tortillas, and then pile on the meat, drizzle with lime juice and top the Instant Pot shredded beef tacos with red onions and any other toppings you enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 2 tacos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 570mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 41g
I hope you all enjoy this tasty recipe for shredded beef Instant Pot tacos.