Instant Pot Philly Ground Beef and Rice gives you a similar flavor to a Philly cheesesteak but with a twist. Ground beef, peppers, onions, in a cheesy rice dish. Try this Instant Pot ground beef recipe today.
While this isn’t a classic Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak it will give you similar flavors!
Table of contents
We love Philly sandwiches. But I was low on groceries and wanted to create a meal with what I had. So that is the inspiration behind this recipe.
I love rice in the Instant Pot! Here is a one-pot dinner made right in the pressure cooker! This ground beef cheesesteak is a must make.
If you love rice in the Instant pot like me you will enjoy this recipe.
Why you will enjoy this Instant Pot Philly Ground Beef and Rice…
- Quick cook
- Tender Rice
- One-Pot Dinner
- Pressure cooker does all the work
- Family-friendly recipe
- Stores well leftover
How to Make Instant Pot Philly Ground Beef And Rice
Step 1: Start by browning your ground beef on the saute feature. You will cook till the meat is no longer pink. Drain off excess grease.
Step 2: Once that is done pour in your water or broth, seasonings, cream of mushroom soup, and onions and peppers. Mix it up a bit.
Step 3: Toss in your long-grain white rice. Now just make sure rice is poked down in the water, don’t stir.
Step 4: Cook on low pressure with the valve sealed for 12 minutes followed by a quick release.
Step 5: Stir in your cheese, and serve up this beef and rice instant pot recipe.
- Toss in some sliced Mushrooms.
- Saute the peppers and onions with your hamburger as it cooks.
- Serve like nachos with chips or even pile on tortillas.
- Add in red or orange peppers for added sweetness.
- Store | You can store your ground beef and rice mixture in the fridge for up to three days. Because of the meat, you will want to use the best judgment if you store over the three day mark.
- Reheating | Reheat in the microwave or even on the stovetop. It will thicken as it cools so if you need to add a splash of water or broth if you need to thin it up.
Freezing rice is tricky. It tends to change the texture of the rice if frozen. If you do plan to freeze, place in the container while it is warm. This will create condensation.
So that the condensation will help to add moisture when it reheats so it doesn’t dry out as much. I hope you enjoy this instant pot ground beef and rice dish.
Here is my Free Instant Pot Cheat Sheet Printable to use as well for your cooking needs.
Craving More Instant Pot Rice Recipes
- The Best Rice Pudding Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Broccoli and Ham Rice Casserole
- Easy Instant Pot Dirty Rice
- Mexican Rice and Beans
Can I Substitute Ground Beef
You betcha! Reach for ground turkey, pork or even chicken. Or if you want more of a cheesesteak recipe, slice up some steak thinly and cook that up instead.
We loved the ground beef, it also help to stretch out this meal. So if you have a lot of mouths to feed go right ahead and stretch the money a bit.
Can I Do Steak With This Recipe
Absolutely! Thinly slice up a steak or dice it up and then saute the steak until almost cooked through. Then you will mix in the rest of the ingredients as directed in the recipe card below.
Instant Pot Philly Ground Beef And Rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cream of mushroom soup 10.5 oz can
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 bell peppers diced in cubes
- 1 small yellow onion diced in cubes
- 1 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups beef broth or water
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms optional
- Start by doing the saute feature on the Instant Pot. Toss in your ground beef and add salt and pepper. I do a generous amount to help season the beef as it cooks.
- Once your beef is cooked and no longer pink, add in your water or beef broth, onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, and Worcestershire. Pour in your pepper and onions.
- Stir and then add in your rice. Do not stir just push the rice down into the water to ensure it is coated.
- Place lid on and make sure it is set to sealing. Do low pressure for 12 minutes. Followed by a quick release.
- Remove lid, pour in cheese, stir and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve your Instant Pot Philly Ground beef and rice with your favorite sides.