Instant Pot Dirty Rice is one of my favorite quick and easy rice Instant Pot recipes. Ground beef, sausage, cajun spice, and veggies collide in this easy and satisfying dinner. Dirty rice just got a lot easier with this recipe.
Instant Pot Dirty Rice
We love Cajun flavor in our home. This Cajun dirty rice is loaded with flavor. And you can spice it up with extra cajun seasoning if you like to get more heat factor.
Why Do They Call It Dirty Rice
There isn’t a huge history of how dirty rice got its name. Dirty rice is called dirty rice as it appears the rice looks dirty, in a sense.
The ground meat, cajun spice, it all gives it a dirty look.
Dirty rice with sausage and ground beef adds so much flavor to the rice.
What Do You Eat Dirty Rice With
Dirty rice tends to be a meal in one. But, if you want some sides to pair with it, that is totally fine. Here are some ideas that you might be interested in!
How Do You Make Instant Pot Dirty Rice
- First, start by cooking up your ground beef and sausage in your Instant Pot.
- Then mix in all your veggies, Cajun spice, and Worcestershire. Give it a good stir.
- Pour in your rinsed and drained long-grain rice, broth, and cover and cook.
- I cooked my dirty rice on the low-pressure setting for 12 minutes. I did my rice button, but if you don’t have that just select low pressure.
What Cajun Spice To Use For Homemade Dirty Rice
I reach for Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning, but you can use other brands of cajun seasoning if you like.
Tony also has a More Spicy Creole mixture you can use as well if you want to kick up the spice.
What Meat To Use For Cajun Rice
I used ground beef and sausage to make this cajun rice. While ground beef dirty rice is good, I find that using sausage as well adds tons of flavor.
You are more than welcome to use sausage only or ground beef only if you don’t want to cook the meats together.
Jambayla and Dirty rice are similar so you will enjoy either of these recipes!
Can You Freeze and Reheat Rice
Rice can be a little tricky and lose a bit of the texture it has when it is fresh. If you freeze place your rice mixture in an airtight container while it is still warm.
Then place the lid on and allow it to create steam. Then when you reheat it will help create condensation to keep your rice moist when reheated.
I meal prepped this for the freezer, so my husband can have easy grab and go lunches for his work.
This is one of my favorite instant pot rice recipes to whip up in a hurry!
Craving More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Tamales | Learn how to make homemade tamales quickly in your pressure cooker.
- One-Pot Swiss Steak and Potatoes | Here is one easy recipe that allows you to cook potatoes and steak in one pot.
- Freezer Meals | Here you have 30 meals that you can make and toss in the freezer for quick and easy reheat freezer meals for dinner.
- Crack Chicken | The ultimate chicken recipe, that is loaded with flavor and crazy easy to make.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced (I used red and green)
- 1 tablespoon Creole
- 2 cups long-grain rice (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire
- Parsley or Green onions (optional)
- You will start by turning your Instant Pot on the saute feature and add your ground beef and sausage to your pressure cooker. Cook until it is ground up.
- Add in your celery, onion, bell pepper and stir in the mixed meat mixture.
- Follow by adding your Creole seasoning, Worcestershire, and broth followed by your rinsed and drained rice.
- Turn your pressure cooker to low pressure and cook for 12 minutes. You can do this in the rice cooking setting if you have that on your Instant Pot as well.
- Once your dirty rice is done cooking stir, and serve up! Top with parsley or diced green onions for the ultimate rice dinner recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g