Instant Pot Korean Beef is the ultimate dinner at home. A 30-minute Instant Pot ground beef recipe loaded with sweet and spicy flavor in every bite.
I also cook rice on top of the ground beef in a pan so you have a whole meal in one. Serve the Korean ground beef on top of a bowl of rice.
Table of contents
We eat a ton of ground beef in our home. So having a variety of Instant Pot Ground beef recipes is a must for us. This recipe tastes better than takeout and is crazy simple to make.
If you are bored of your daily meal plan, give this pressure cooker Korean beef a try!
Why You Will Love This Korean Beef…
- An easy ground beef recipe
- A sweet and savory flavor
- A delicious Instant Pot Asian recipe
- You cook the rice and meat at the same time
- Simple ingredients
How To Serve Up Korean Ground Beef
I served my Korean ground beef over a bed of rice. But, you could even make Korean ground beef tacos, serve over mashed potatoes, and more.
Or if you prefer a lighter dish, reach for cauliflower rice, for a lower carb option.
- Lettuce Wraps
- Bed of Rice
- Cauliflower Rice
- Mashed Potatoes
- Ground Beef
- Sesame Oil
- Soy sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Sesame Seeds
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Green Onions
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make
Full directions and measurements for this recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: Start by cooking up your ground beef on the saute setting on the pressure cooker.
Step 3: Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes with a natural 10-minute press release.
Step 4: Fluff rice, and spoon into a bowl, and top with ground beef.
If you have leftovers, you can store the leftovers of the beef in the fridge. Feel free to store with the rice, or keep them separate if you prefer. Either route works.
Freezing the Asian ground beef recipe works as well. Just place in a freezer container and freeze for up to 3-4 months. Then thaw in the fridge overnight or reheat straight from frozen.
The rice will be a bit softer in texture, but it will still taste delicious.
Expert Tips and Variations
- Swap the ground beef with ground turkey, pork, or even chicken.
- Use a low sodium soy sauce if you prefer to not have as much sodium
- Leave out the red pepper flakes if you don’t want a kick of heat.
- Or add extra red pepper if you want it spicier.
- You can cook this dish on the stovetop, just cook the rice in a separate pot.
Here are some common questions when making this Korean beef in Instant Pot.
Want More Instant Pot Beef Recipes
- Easy Instant Pot Ground Beef Pasta Soup | Affordable, easy, and loaded with ground beef and more.
- Pantry Recipes | Instant Pot Pantry recipes are great for raiding your pantry to make easy and affordable meals at home.
- Cheesy Beef and Heirloom Pasta | Here you have a cheesy ground beef dish with pasta, heirloom tomatoes, and more.
- Easy Instant Pot Dirty Rice | This recipe uses ground beef and sausage and loaded with rice and cajun flavor.
- Instant Pot Mini Meatloaf | Bite-size mini meatloaves that are loaded with flavor and the perfect topping.
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
Korean Beef Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 inch of grated or minced ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups white long grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute, and add ground beef and cook until fully browned.
- Drain off any excess grease if you have a bunch. Then add in your sesame oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, 2/3 cup water, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir around and then place trivet on top of the meat mixture. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot to remove any stuck on bits.
- Rince your white rice and drain it. Pour into a cake pan, 6-7 inch pan. Then add in your 2 1/2 cups water, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Sit the rice on top of the trivet, and place the Instant Pot lid on in the sealing position.
- Select manual high pressure for 10 minutes, and allow a 10 minute natural release for this Korean ground beef.
- Once all the pressure is released, remove the rice pan and fluff with a fork.
- Pour rice in bowls, top with ground beef, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions if you want.
Stovetop Directions: Cook rice in a pot as directed on the package. Then in a skillet brown your beef until fully cooked. Drain off grease. Then add in the garlic and ginger, and mix in until fragrant.
Add in the rest of the ingredients, and cook on low, allowing the mixture to soak in all the flavors. Once rice is done, place rice in a bowl, top with beef and sesame seeds and green onions!
You are welcome to use low sodium soy sauce in replace of regular soy sauce.
Swap ground beef with diced beef, ground turkey, etc. If you do diced steak, make sure to cube into smaller pieces and sear the meat on all sides.
Store any leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat as you would like.
You can freeze this Asian beef for 3-4 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1061mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 34g
A super easy instant pot recipe with beef that is great for kids and adults. Your family will love this quick and easy Korean beef recipe.