Instant Pot Korean Beef is the ultimate dinner at home. A 30-minute Instant Pot ground beef recipe loaded with sweet and spicy flavor in every bite.
I also cook rice on top of the ground beef in a pan so you have a whole meal in one. Serve the Korean ground beef on top of a bowl of rice.
Instant Pot Korean Beef
We eat a ton of ground beef in our home. So having a variety of Instant Pot Ground beef recipes is a must for us. This recipe tastes better than takeout and is crazy simple to make.
How To Serve Up Korean Ground Beef
I served my Korean ground beef over a bed of rice. But, you could even make Korean ground beef tacos, serve over mashed potatoes, and more.
Or if you prefer a lighter dish, reach for cauliflower rice, for a lower carb option.
- Lettuce Wraps
- Bed of Rice
- Cauliflower Rice
- Mashed Potatoes
How To Make Instant Pot Korean Beef
- Start by cooking up your ground beef on the saute setting on the pressure cooker.
- Add in your seasonings and ingredients and mix it around.
- Place your trivet on top and then take your rinsed rice and pour it into a pan, and pour water in.
- Cook high pressure for 10 minutes with a natural 10-minute press release.
- Fluff rice, and spoon into a bowl, and top with ground beef.
The full directions are in the printable recipe card below. Korean beef in Instant Pot is crazy simple and quick.
Want More Instant Pot Beef Recipes
- Easy Instant Pot Ground Beef Pasta Soup | Affordable, easy, and loaded with ground beef and more.
- Pantry Recipes | Instant Pot Pantry recipes are great for raiding your pantry to make easy and affordable meals at home.
- Cheesy Beef and Heirloom Pasta | Here you have a cheesy ground beef dish with pasta, heirloom tomatoes and more.
- Easy Instant Pot Dirty Rice | This recipe uses ground beef and sausage and loaded with rice and cajun flavor.
- Instant Pot Mini Meatloaf | Bite-size mini meatloaves that are loaded with flavor and the perfect topping.
Can I Replace Ground Beef
Sure, you can use ground turkey, ground chicken, and more. Or dice up steak or even stew meat, and use that to replace the ground beef.
You will find this recipe is crazy simple, and you can adjust the meat to fit exactly what you prefer.
What If I Don’t Want To Make The Rice
If you don’t want to make the rice, all you have to do is do a high-pressure cook of 4 minutes with a quick release.
That is all it takes, for just the ground beef, the rice needs a natural release for 10 minutes.
This is truly a favorite beef instant pot recipe!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 inch of grated or minced ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups white long grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute, and add ground beef and cook until fully browned.
- Drain off any excess grease if you have a bunch. Then add in your sesame oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, 2/3 cup water, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir around and then place trivet on top of the meat mixture.
- Rince your white rice and drain it. Pour into a cake pan, 6-7 inch pan. Then add in your 2 1/2 cups water, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Sit the rice on top of the trivet, and place the Instant Pot lid on in the sealing position.
- Select high pressure for 10 minutes, and allow a 10 minute natural release for this Korean ground beef.
- Once all the pressure is released, remove the rice pan and fluff with a fork.
- Pour rice in bowls, top with ground beef, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions if you want.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1061mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 34g
A super easy instant pot recipe with beef that is great for kids and adults. Your family will love this quick and easy Korean beef recipe.