Instant Pot Duo Crisp Broccoli And Rice Casserole with ham is the perfect easy weeknight dinner. Cheesy rice, broccoli, and diced ham come together in this Instant Pot broccoli and rice casserole!
Instant Pot Duo Crisp Broccoli and Rice Casserole
I used my Instant Pot Duo Crisp so that I could get the cheese nice and melted on top without having to transfer it to the oven. The Duo Crisp is an air fryer lid that attaches to your Instant Pot!
It is a genius item that I am loving! Plus this is a fantastic leftover ham recipe you could enjoy. Save back holiday ham, dice it up and toss in!
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
How To Make Instant Pot Duo Crisp Broccoli And Rice Casserole With Ham
The full directions for this recipe is in the printable recipe card below. Here is how I make this Instant Pot Casserole!
Start by selecting the saute feature and add in your butter and onions. You want to get your onions soft and fragrant. Once the onions are softened you are going to add in your minced garlic.
Now pour in chicken stock and rice, and follow the cooking directions in the printable card below. Do not stir.
Once that is done, mix in remaining ingredients, swap to the Duo Crisp lid, and crisp up the cheese on top, and then serve warm.
Can I Make This Without The Duo Crisp Lid
Of course! All you have to do is either transfer your broccoli rice casserole to a baking dish and then toss in the oven on broil to crisp up the cheese.
Or place the Instant Pot Lid on and let it sit for 5-10 minutes and let the cheese melt. You will have the pressure cooker off, but the heat will help melt the cheese.
Variations To Instant Pot Rice and Broccoli
- Add chicken in instead of diced ham
- Add in more vegetables like green beans, carrots, etc.
- Use pepper jack cheese or Monterey Jack instead of Cheddar
- You could use brown rice in replace of long grain rice, you just need to adjust liquid and cooking time.
There are so many ways you can change up this recipe to fit your liking. This is one of my go-to instant pot easy dinner recipes we make often in our home.
Fresh or Frozen Broccoli Florets
I used fresh broccoli, but you are more than welcome to reach for frozen if that is what you have on hand.
The frozen will have a softer texture but still cook up nicely in this recipe.
Doubling The Recipe
If you are interested in doubling the recipe, you need to make sure you do not go past your max fill line on your Instant Pot.
If you have a larger Instant Pot you should easily be able to double. My Instant Pot Duo Crisp is an 8 quart.
Can You Freeze Leftover Rice
The thing about rice is the texture will change a bit. It will become a bit soggy in texture. For me what I have found works best when freezing rice.
You want to place the rice mixture in a freezer container quickly, so it is still warm. Then place the lid on while warm and stick in the freezer. This will help create some condensation.
So when you toss the container in the microwave to warm it up, it will help keep your rice moist, instead of dried out.
You can freeze your ham and rice for up to three months.
Make sure to check out all my other pressure cooker recipes. I share tons of desserts, sides, and main dishes to pick and choose from. Along with some easy drinks.
Searching for More Instant Pot Duo Crisp Recipes
- Roasted Potatoes with Pesto
- Cinnamon Roll Donuts
- Salmon With Dill
- Bread Pudding
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Crispy Chicken Wings
- 1 ½ cup white rice (long grain)
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced ham
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into equal pieces
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn your saute feature on and add in the butter and onions. You will saute for 5 minute sor so. Once onions are softened add in your minced garlic. Hit the cancel on the saute mode.
- Now you want to add in chicken stock, salt, and rice. Do not stir.
- Put the pressure cooker lid on, and select the manual or pressure cooker butter and make sure the valve is sealed. Hit 10 minutes for cook time, with a quick release.
- Now you will stir in the broccoli and diced ham. along with sour cream, and 1 3/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- You will want to place the air fryer lid on and do 350 degrees and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Or if you don't own the air fryer lid, close the pressure cooker lid and let it sit for 10 minutes. This will melt the cheese without the air fryer lid. Or you can scoop out the broccoli rice casserole and place in a pan and toss in oven to heat up the cheese.
- Serve your casserole warm with your favorite side dishes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 847mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading.