Instant Pot Rice Pudding is one of the easiest ways to make rice pudding. This easy rice pudding is loaded with plump raisins, rich cinnamon, and creamy as can be.
Pressure cooker rice pudding that will tickle your taste buds after one bite.
Table of contents
My dad always made rice pudding growing up, it was something I looked forward to. We also ate a lot of rice and raisins for breakfast, which was always a treat.
If you are wondering how to make rice pudding, I have a super easy Instant Pot recipe below!
Why You Will Enjoy Instant Pot Rice Pudding…
- Best Flavor
- Warm cinnamon spice
- Stores well
- Great dessert idea
- Thickens as it cools
Top your rice pudding with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, or dive right in with a spoon. This easy recipe takes no time to cook. Sip on my Instant Pot Eggnog next to this rice pudding!
- White Rice
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
How to Make
Step 1: You will start by adding your milk, water, cinnamon, salt, rinsed rice, and raisins into the Instant Pot. Stir well, and then close the lid.
Step 2: Turn to porridge setting (which is 20 minutes) and let it cook. Once it is done cooking let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Then release the rest of the pressure, and open the lid.
Step 4: Stir in vanilla and condensed milk and serve, or chill for cold rice pudding.
Ways To Serve
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg
- Top with whipped cream
- Add in fresh berries on top
- Add a drizzle of caramel or even chocolate sauce
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips
Do You Eat Rice Pudding Hot Or Cold
You can eat rice pudding hot or cold. It is all about your personal preference.
We tend to eat it warm when it is first cooked, and then toss it in the fridge for later. Then when we spoon it out once chilled, we just eat it cold.
Now, this is a thick rice pudding recipe, so you can add in extra milk or cream to help thin it out if you need to help thin it out once it has fully chilled.
Want More Instant Pot Dessert Recipes To Try
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 1 cup white rice (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (or 1 teaspoon if you don't want it too cinnamony)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- You will start by adding your milk, water, cinnamon, salt, rinsed rice, and raisins into the Instant Pot liner. Stir the uncooked rice pudding mixture well, and then close the lid.
- Make sure your instant pot is turned to the sealing position on the knob.
- Turn Instant Pot to porridge setting (which is 20 minutes) and let it cook. Once it is done cooking let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Then quick release the rest of the pressure, and open the lid.
- Stir in vanilla and condensed milk and serve, or chill for cold rice pudding.
- This rice pudding can be a great dessert or breakfast recipe.
You can use aribo rice in replace of plain white rice.
The raisins can be left out of the recipe.
Use less or more cinnamon to flavor to your preference.
If it becomes too thick once cooled, add a little milk and stir, this will thin it up again.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g