My 30-minute beef and broccoli instant pot recipe is going to be one incredible weeknight meal to serve up your family. Juicy and tender steak paired with broccoli! Skip ordering takeout and make your favorite beef and broccoli dish at home, in no time.
This Instant Pot beef broccoli will knock your socks off in flavor factor. Give this steak and broccoli a try today.
This pressure cooker broccoli beef is one of our favorites when dining out. I personally never can get enough broccoli in my life.
Pair it with the homemade sauce for beef and broccoli. This pressure cooker steak is crazy simple to make.
Why You Will Love This Beef and Broccoli…
- Dinner in 30 Minutes
- Great Instant Pot steak recipe
- Can use fresh or frozen broccoli
- Homemade sauce
- Black Pepper
- Soy Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
How to Make
Full directions and measurements for this recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: First, toss in the soy sauce and beef in an Instant Pot. Turn the saute mode on, and brown your beef on all sides. Once done, turn the pressure cooker off.
Step 2: Next, add in the water, and then use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot, to remove any stuck-on bits.
Step 3: Now you will place your lid on, making sure the valve is set to sealing. Pressure cook manual high pressure for 15 minutes. Do a quick release.
Step 4: Next, you will mix up the rest of the ingredients to make the sauce, toss in and stir to thicken the sauce. Add in your broccoli and let it cook to soften the broccoli.
Step 5: Finally, serve up this tender beef and broccoli Instant Pot stir fry for dinner. Top with some sesame seeds and enjoy.
- Freeze your beef for around 30 minutes, for easier slicing. This will help the knife slice right through the meat.
- Aim for around 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick on your steak slices.
- Slice across the grain for a more tender flank or flat iron steak
- Swap out your broccoli with other vegetables if you are not a fan. Or add in some peppers for added flavor.
- Spice it up with chili sauce or sriracha once you serve it up
Best Instant Pot Recipes
- Thai Peanut Noodles
- 40+ Beef Instant Pot Recipes
- Rice and Beans
- Instant Pto Beef Stew
- One Pot Swiss Steak and Potatoes
- 1lb flank steak
- 4 heads of broccoli; separate from the stem
- 1/2 tablespoon corn starch; for thickening
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- sesame seeds for topping; optional
- Turn Instant Pot on to saute mode, and add in your beef and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Saute until the meat is browned and seared. Then turn off saute, and add in your water.
- Place the pressure cooker lid on Instant Pot and turn to lock position. Ensure the pressure valve is closed and set to manual high pressure for 15 minutes. Once the Instant Pot stops, quick release the pressure.
- Drain the liquid from the Instant Pot. In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup then add in garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Set to saute mode and pour mixture in over meat. Stir well until nice and combined. It will thicken quickly from the cornstarch.
- Add in your broccoli and put the lid on top without locking and steam for 2 minutes. Stir well, to ensure the meat is not sticking to the bottom of the pot. Once broccoli is steamed, serve over a bed of rice.
Serve over a bed of rice, cauliflower rice, or eat alone!
For added flavor, feel free to marinate your beef in the sauce mixture for 30 minutes before cooking if you want added flavor to your dish.
You can use ground beef instead of steak if you want. Just cook until no longer pink, and skip the pressure cooker step, and saute the sauce and broccoli.
Add in other vegetables to this Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe to create a stir fry.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 818mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g