Instant Pot Eggnog is the tastiest holiday homemade eggnog recipe to make for your friends and family. Eggnog is a traditional Christmas drink recipe to whip up for your holiday entertaining or late-night drink to sip on. Or make it an alcoholic drink and do bourbon or brandy eggnog!
Homemade eggnog is something I hadn’t ever tried, but I felt like this was the year. I ventured out and did eggnog in the Instant Pot and it was fantastic. Thick and creamy eggnog that is perfectly spiced.
Pressure cooker eggnog is a quick and easy way to get that homemade eggnog you grew up drinking. This is way better than store-bought and so simple to make. Serve warm fresh from the Instant Pot or allow to chill overnight in the fridge. Either way, you have an incredible holiday drink to serve.
Full measurements of all the ingredients needed for this Instant Pot eggnog are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Heavy Cream
- Granulated Sugar
How To Make Homemade Eggnog
- For making eggnog in the Instant Pot I started by turning my Instant Pot to saute, with water inside the pot with the trivet.
- Then in a bowl, you want to whisk up your eggs well, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Next, you will pour your mixture into a pan that you place in the Instant Pot. Whisk continuously, until it reaches 150 degrees.
- Then turn the Instant Pot to the warm setting, and continue to whisk till you reach 160 degrees. Remove from Instant Pot, and serve warm or chill!
Food Safe Temperature For Pasteurizing Eggnog
You need your eggnog to reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit for it to make it food safe to drink. This is key to ensure your mixture reaches proper temperature. I used a thermometer to monitor my temperature.
With the Instant Pot, you can easily whisk your mixture as it is rising in temperature. If you don’t continuously whisk it can scramble the eggs in the mixture. It is key to not go over the 160-degree mark.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store Eggnog
Place your eggnog in a container that has a lid and store in the refrigerator. Then store in the refrigerator for up to three days. If you add in alcohol to your eggnog it will last up to five days.
The alcohol helps preserve the eggnog, but if you want it family-friendly leave the alcohol out.
More Holiday Drink Recipes
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
Instant Pot Eggnog - Thick and Creamy Homemade Eggnog
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cinnamon stick optional
- Start by pouring 5-6 cups of water in your Instant Pot. Then set the trivet down in the water.
- Now in a bowl, mix up your eggs until beaten. Then pour all other ingredients in the bowl and whisk really well until really mixed.
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute and wait for the water to begin boiling.
- Place a pan in your Instant Pot and then pour egg mixture in. Whisk continuously until it reaches 150 degrees.
- Once it hits 150 degrees, turn the Instant Pot to warm, and continue stirring until you hit 160 degrees.
- Remove from the Instant Pot, serve fresh or store in the fridge.
Have you ever made Instant Pot Eggnog?