Eggnog French Toast is the ultimate holiday-inspired French toast recipe. This Instant Pot eggnog French toast, is rich, decadent, and downright addictive. 5 ingredients are all that is required.
Table of contents
Instant Pot French Toast is a simple way to make this eggnog French Toast Casserole that is so rich and decadent. Drizzle on some maple syrup, and serve alone or with a side of sausage or bacon.
We love French toast bakes. It gives you all the flavors of French toast with minimal effort. No flipping the bread, just toss, bake, serve!
🍞 Why I Recommend This Recipe
- Full of warm spices and flavor
- Make Instant Pot Eggnog use for this recipe
- Easy Prep
- Delicious Christmas morning breakfast
- Simple Cooking thanks to Instant Pot
- Pairs great with sausage, bacon, side of fruit, etc
- Simple pantry ingredients needed
- Great way to use up leftover bread like Challah
🍓 Ingredients Needed
🍩 How To Make
- Cut up your leftover bread into cubes
- Add brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and eggnog in a bowl.
- Whisk until creamy. Pour egg mixture in with bread and toss gently.
- Add trivet to Instant Pot and add a cup of water.
- Pour your French toast bake in a greased pan, cover and place in the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes with a quick release of pressure. Remove and serve.
So easy, but so tasty! Pressure cooker French toast bake is one you will love. If you don’t have a pressure cooker you can make in the oven. Just use an oven safe pan, cover and bake at 350 degrees.
👩🍳 What Pan To Use For French Toast Bake In Instant Pot
I used this 7 inch round cake pan to make my eggnog French toast bake. Now, you can use any Instant Pot safe container to use, as long as the mixture fits in properly and you can cover it with aluminum foil.
🥐Variations To Recipe
- Add in some raisins or cranberries into the mix
- Dust with powdered sugar once done
- Add in some pecans or walnuts for a crunchy aspect
- Consider adding rum extract for a fun twist in flavor.
- Different types of cubed bread will work, just as long as it isn’t too soft.
This is one of my favorite eggnog breakfast recipes we make often. It is a family favorite for sure.
🍴 Storing Leftovers
If you have leftovers go right ahead and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The French toast will store for a couple of days. You will find it kind of changes texture a bit, where it can dry out or be a bit soggier even.
Just reheat in the microwave or cover and heat up in the oven.
🥚 Recipe FAQs
Make sure that you are using a heartier bread like Brioche, day old bread, croissants, etc. Having to soft of a bread can make French toast soggy. The other thing is too much wet ingredients can cause this as well.
Fruit salad, bacon, eggs, sausage all are great contenders to pair with a baked French toast. Or you can serve it up plain if you prefer.
French toast is perfect anytime of the day. Simple, delicious and a sweet treat no matter what time of day it is!
Challah, Brioche, day old bread, croissants and more are all great options. You want a firmer bread so it soaks up the eggnog and egg mixture but still holds shape.
Craving More Breakfast Recipes
Eggnog French Toast Instant Pot Recipe
- 1 Pound brioche or challah bread cubed
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup brown sugar light or dark
- 2 Cups eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by cubing up your bread and place in a bowl.
- Now in another bowl add your eggnog, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and eggs. Whisk until combined.
- Fold into the bread, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the bread to soak up the mixture.
- Pour French toast bake in a greased 7-inch cake pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place 1 cup of water in Instant Pot and place a trivet or use a silicone sling. Place the French toast bake in the pressure cooker.
- Place lid on the pressure cooker, make sure the valve is set to sealing. Do high pressure for 20 minutes, followed by a quick release of pressure.
- Carefully remove, and dish up this incredible eggnog French toast bake!