Whip up a batch of these jumbo Blueberry Cinnamon Toast Crunch muffins. A blueberry studded muffin that has a cinnamon toast crunch cereal topping similar to a streusel. Tons of flavor in these jumbo blueberry muffins.
Table of contents
Bakery style muffins are one of my favorites. Grab some fresh blueberries and some cinnamon toast crunch cereal and whip up a blueberry muffin cereal recipe that stands out from the rest.
You will add crushed cereal into the muffin batter and create a streusel topping. Kids and adults will love this muffin recipe.
🧁Why This Recipe Is So Popular
- Bakery Style muffins made at home
- Simple ingredients
- Fresh blueberries or frozen berries can be used
- Warm cinnamon spice in each bite
- Cinnamon toast crunch cereal adds a nice crunchy topping
- A great breakfast or dessert
- Freezer Friendly
Grab my Free Kitchen Conversions Printable! This shows you how many cups are in a quart, pint, etc. A great printable to keep handy for when you need to convert a recipe.
🥄 Main Ingredients
Blueberries | Here you can use fresh blueberries or frozen. The fresh add more texture to the berries.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch | Grab a box of cereal and use some to stir in the batter and more for topping.
Basic Muffin Ingredients | Then you will use basic ingredients like flour, sugar, butter, etc.
🥚 How to Make
Start by using a food processor to pulse your cinnamon toast crunch cereal. You want to make it into fine crumbs. This is going to be mixed in the batter. You will use some more cereal that is broken into larger pieces for streusel.
Now in a bowl you will add your flour, cereal crumbs, salt, and baking soda. Mix and set the dry ingredients to the side.
Now in a stand mixer add in your sugar, and eggs and mix until creamy. Then stir in your Greek yogurt, oil, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
Now slowly add in your flour mixture in small increments, until mixed. Fold in your blueberries.
Pour the blueberry muffin batter into your greased and floured jumbo muffin tin.
To make your streusel you will mix up the cereal, flour, butter, sugar, and vanilla. Spread it on top of each muffin, do a heaping amount.
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown. When the muffins are done, remove and allow them to cool on a wire cooling rack.
🍽️ Storing Muffins
I tend to store my muffins in the refrigerator. I find they store best as they will last longer. Place them in an airtight container once they are fully cooled.
You can also freeze the cinnamon toast crunch blueberry muffins if you want to save some back. Just place in a freezer bag or container and store for around 3 months.
Thaw by heating up in the microwave for a warm fresh out of the oven muffin warmth, or eat the muffin cold. Either way, these muffins are incredible.
👩🍳 Expert Tips
- You can use fresh or frozen berries.
- Leave some of the cereal larger pieces for the streusel to add a nice crunch topping.
- You can use a regular muffin tin if you don’t want to make jumbo. Just cook for less time.
- Feel free to make these muffins a day in advance of when you plan to serve them up.
🥳 Recipes FAQs
Blueberry muffins are one of the most popular muffins that are purchased and made at home! For good reason too. It is hard to resist!
Cupcakes tend to have more sugar than a muffin. Muffins are also slightly more dense in texture and tend to have fruit, nuts, and other fillings mixed in.
Overmixing muffins tends to leave you with a denser muffin. As you whip up the batter it creates air pockets in the batter. If you break down all the bubbles it gets dense and heavy. So go light on mixing.
Take a toothpick and stick in the center of the muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean with no wet batter, your muffins are done. Otherwise, allow the muffin to cook another minute or two, and recheck.
Craving More Recipes
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal - crushed into fine crumbs
- 4 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 2 cups of Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of all-purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup of granulated Sugar
- 1 stick of Butter - melted
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal - crumbled
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- Grease and dust your jumbo muffin tin with flour and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, you will take the 1/2 cup Cinnamon toast crunch cereal and crush it up into fine crumbs.
- Add the crumbs of cereal into a bowl along with salt, baking powder, and flour. Stir and set aside.
- Then in a bowl or stand mixer, add your eggs and sugar and mix until well mixed. Add in your Greek yogurt, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Mix until creamed.
- Now slowly stir in the flour mixture, mixing every little bit.
- Then fold in your blueberries. If you use fresh blueberries mix with 1 teaspoon flour to prevent the berries from falling to the bottom of the pan. If frozen berries just stir in.
- Pour the blueberry muffin batter into the pan. Do 2/3-3/4 full in each muffin tin.
- Now you will work on your streusel. Add your flour, sugar, vanilla, butter, and crush up Cinnamon toast crunch cereal. Leave the cereal larger for crunch.
- Top each muffin with the streusel mixture, it will pile up a bit on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes or until your jumbo blueberry Cinnamon Toast Crunch muffins are fully cooked.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool a bit before serving up.
Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used. No need to thaw frozen berries, just mix in frozen. If you use fresh berries mix with a teaspoon of flour so they don't fall in the batter.
You can use a rolling pin and a Ziploc bag to crush up the cereal if you don't have a food processor. For the muffin batter, you just need fine cereal, like graham cracker crumbs.
Feel free to make regular sized muffins if you want, cook for 10-15 minutes and check. They will take less time to bake.
Freeze leftover muffins for up to three months. Then reheat in the microwave for a fresh out of the oven muffin.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 838Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 606mgCarbohydrates: 118gFiber: 3gSugar: 64gProtein: 11g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.