Cranberry muffins are a delicious way to kickstart your morning. This is an easy cranberry muffin recipe that is topped with a walnut streusel topping. Crunchy, sweet, and addictive. A breakfast muffin recipe.
Table of contents
- 🍎 Why You Will Love This Recipe
- 🥯 Do You Use Fresh Or Frozen Cranberries For Cranberry Muffins
- 🍊 Can I Add Orange Into This Cranberry Muffin Recipe
- How To Make Streusel Topping on Cranberry Muffins
- Can I Make Mini Cranberry Muffins
- Variations to Cranberry Muffins
- Tips For Making The Best Muffins
- How To Store Cranberry Muffins
- Can You Freeze Cranberry Muffins
- Looking for more muffin recipes
- Have you ever had cranberry muffins?
Cranberries are something you see a lot in the fall and winter months. If you are looking for some new ways to use cranberries, consider making these cranberry oatmeal muffins.
This cranberry muffins recipe is so easy to make. Whip these up for a quick breakfast or meal prep and toss in the freezer for a quick grab and go breakfast in the future.
🍎 Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Fresh or frozen cranberries can be used
- Rolled oats add incredible texture and flavor.
- These muffins are great for breakfast, lunch, or even a snack.
- Freezer friendly.
- Easy to make.
- Perfect amount of tart and sweet in every bite.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through a link within my blog post, I will earn a piece of commission.
🥯 Do You Use Fresh Or Frozen Cranberries For Cranberry Muffins
I opted to use frozen cranberries in this muffin recipe. I find they break down really nice as they bake, and offer that perfect tart and sweet aspect in the muffins.
You could even use dried cranberries if you would prefer to use dried instead of frozen. As in terms of fresh, you very well could use fresh cranberries as well.
Try this red currant cranberry cheesecake for another cranberry recipe.
🍊 Can I Add Orange Into This Cranberry Muffin Recipe
Sure, if you want to add in 2 tablespoons of orange zest for that fresh and sweet citrus flavor to these muffins.
I love them as is, but you are more than welcome to add in orange if you love cranberry orange muffins.
How To Make Streusel Topping on Cranberry Muffins
The streusel on this muffin is optional. I love the sweet and crunchy topping, it adds a lot of depth to the recipe.
You just mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and walnuts together to a crumble. Then sprinkle on top of each muffin in the muffin tin.
Can I Make Mini Cranberry Muffins
Sure, you can easily use a mini muffin tin instead of a regular one. You will just cook your muffins for less time. After five minutes check your muffins to see how close they are to being done.
Variations to Cranberry Muffins
- Substitute Plain yogurt or sour cream for the Greek yogurt in the recipe
- Do pecans in replace of walnuts
- Skip the streusel topping and just add a dusting of sugar
- Use fresh or dried cranberries instead of frozen
- Add in other fruit to add a variety of flavor, like raspberries or blueberries
Tips For Making The Best Muffins
- Preheating the oven is key to making quality muffins.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and powder. This will help to give you a light texture.
- You want to cream your butter and sugar together for 2 minutes until it is fluffy and changes in color.
- Don’t overmix the batter or it will become rubbery
- Fold in cranberries to the batter with a spatula
How To Store Cranberry Muffins
I place the cranberry muffins in the refrigerator for up to five days. This will help give them a quality muffin. If you like muffins warm toss them in the microwave for a quick reheat or even wrap in aluminum foil and warm up in the oven.
Can You Freeze Cranberry Muffins
Yes, you can freeze cranberry muffins. These muffins are so great frozen and thawed. Just place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and toss in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw on the counter or in the fridge the night before.
Looking for more muffin recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins | A fresh and light blueberry lemon muffin that is just delightful. We make these all the time for those early morning breakfasts on the go.
- Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins | These are an incredible muffin that is great for any chocolate lover. Whip these up for a quick and hearty jump start to the day.
- Pumpkin Carrot Muffins | A mix of pumpkin and carrot gives you a delicious and super moist muffin. Loaded with raisins, nuts, and spice.
- Pecan Pie Muffins | Love pecan pie? Here is a pecan pie muffin that is tender, moist, and gives you all the flavors of pie in a muffin form.
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
For the sugar topping/streusel:
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tin with paper cups.
- Then in a bowl sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until the dry ingredients are mixed.
- Add rolled oats into the dry ingredients, mix and set aside.
- Then in a bowl, you want to cream eggs and sugar, this will just take a minute. You can use a stand mixer or a whisk and a bowl.
- Add in your yogurt, oil, and mix thoroughly until the batter is mixed. Try not to overmix.
- Now you will add in the dry ingredients to wet and mix until formed.
- Fold in frozen cranberries. You can use fresh cranberries if that is what you have on hand.
- Scoop into muffin tin, and set aside.
- Then in a bowl mix up the streusel topping. Sprinkle a bit onto each muffin.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
You will know the muffins are done when you stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
Feel free to omit nuts or swap them out if you would like.
Fresh or frozen cranberries can be used.
Feel free to freeze any leftover muffins you don't plan to eat. They will store for 3 months in the freezer.
I like to store these cranberry oat muffins in an airtight container in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
These Christmas muffins are such a delight. Serve up around the holidays for a fun treat for young and old. Whip these up and let me know what you think.