Cranberry muffins are a delicious way to kickstart your morning. This is an easy cranberry muffin recipe that is topped with a walnut streusel topping. Crunchy, sweet, and addictive. A breakfast muffin recipe.
Cranberries are something you see a lot in the fall and winter months. If you are looking for some new ways to use cranberries, consider making these cranberry oatmeal muffins.
Table of contents
This cranberry muffins recipe is so easy to make. Whip these up for a quick breakfast or meal prep and toss in the freezer for a quick grab and go breakfast in the future.
Give these easy cranberry muffins with streusel topping a try and let me know how you like them.
🍎 Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Fresh or frozen cranberries can be used
- Rolled oats add incredible texture and flavor.
- These muffins are great for breakfast, lunch, or even a snack.
- Freezer friendly.
- Easy to make.
- Perfect amount of tart and sweet in every bite.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through a link within my blog post, I will earn a piece of commission.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda
- Rolled Oats
- Granulated Sugar and Brown Sugar
- Greek Yogurt
How to Make
Full directions on these cranberry muffins are in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk-through for the recipe.
Step One: Preheat the oven and line your muffin tin. Then in a bowl sift your flour and other dry ingredients. Once mixed add in the oats and set aside.
Step Two: Now in a new bowl add egg and sugars together and cream till blended well.
Step Three: Add in yogurt and oil and mix until blended. Scrape down the sides as needed.
Step Four: Now you will slowly add your dry ingredients into the wet. Then fold in the cranberries.
Step Five: Scoop the batter into the muffin tin, and then begin on the streusel.
Step Six: For the streusel, you just mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and walnuts together to a crumble. Then sprinkle on top of each muffin in the muffin tin.
Step Seven: Bake as directed and then remove from oven and let cool a bit then serve.
Variations to Cranberry Muffins
- Substitute Plain yogurt or sour cream for the Greek yogurt in the recipe
- Do pecans in replace of walnuts
- Skip the streusel topping and just add a dusting of sugar
- Use fresh or dried cranberries instead of frozen
- Add in other fruit to add a variety of flavor, like raspberries or blueberries
Try this red currant cranberry cheesecake for another cranberry recipe.
How To Store Cranberry Muffins
I place the cranberry muffins in the refrigerator for up to five days. This will help give them a quality muffin. If you like muffins warm toss them in the microwave for a quick reheat or even wrap in aluminum foil and warm up in the oven.
Freezing Muffins – You can freeze cranberry muffins. These muffins are so great frozen and thawed. Just place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and toss in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw on the counter or in the fridge the night before.
Tips For Making The Best Muffins
- Preheating the oven is key to making quality muffins.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and powder. This will help to give you a light texture.
- You want to cream your butter and sugar together for 2 minutes until it is fluffy and changes in color.
- Don’t overmix the batter or it will become rubbery
- Fold in cranberries to the batter with a spatula
🍊 Can I Add Orange Into This Cranberry Muffin Recipe
Sure, if you want to add in 2 tablespoons of orange zest for that fresh and sweet citrus flavor to these muffins.
I love them as is, but you are more than welcome to add in orange if you love cranberry orange muffins.
Looking for more muffin recipes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
For the sugar topping/streusel:
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tin with paper cups.
- Then in a bowl sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until the dry ingredients are mixed.
- Add rolled oats into the dry ingredients, mix and set aside.
- Then in a bowl, you want to cream eggs and sugar, this will just take a minute. You can use a stand mixer or a whisk and a bowl.
- Add in your yogurt, oil, and mix thoroughly until the batter is mixed. Try not to overmix.
- Now you will add in the dry ingredients to wet and mix until formed.
- Fold in frozen cranberries. You can use fresh cranberries if that is what you have on hand.
- Scoop into muffin tin, and set aside.
- Then in a bowl mix up the streusel topping. Sprinkle a bit onto each muffin.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
These Christmas muffins are such a delight. Serve up around the holidays for a fun treat for young and old. Whip these up and let me know what you think.
Have you ever had cranberry muffins?