Instant Pot Sausage and Potatoes is an easy and satisfying weeknight dinner. Tender and flavorful potatoes, sliced smoked sausage, onions, peppers, and creole spices come together for one incredible dinner.
Instant Pot Sausage And Potatoes
I love doing Instant Pot smoked sausage for how easy it is. Plus you can change up the vegetables and such used so it makes it very versatile.
What Do You Need For Sausage And Potatoes
- Peeled and Diced Potatoes | I used russet potatoes but you could even use small potatoes if you prefer. You could leave whole or dice them in half.
- Smoked Sausage | I reached for Kielbasa but there are so many different kinds of smoked sausage.
- Bell Pepper | Green bell peppers are what I used, but feel free to use any color. If you want more savory do green bell, or more sweet reach for an orange, yellow, or red bell peppers.
- Onion | Yellow or white onions work great in this recipe. They both cook up beautifully adding lots of flavor to your dish.
- Garlic | Minced garlic is going to add a bit more flavor to your dish. You can buy jarred that is pre-minced or use a garlic press to do it yourself.
- Beer or Broth | We used beer but you can easily replace with beef or chicken broth. Ale beer, lagers both work fantastic in this recipe.
- Creole, salt, pepper | Old Bay seasoning is what I used for the Cajun spice. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage and Potatoes
Start by adding your oil and onions, peppers, and sausage to your pot. Saute for around 4-5 minutes. Then you will add in your seasoning, potatoes, and beer or broth.
Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes with a quick release. Then stir and spoon up your dish. Sprinkle with more Cajun spice and even a drizzle of lemon juice if you prefer.
Can You Swap Vegetables Out
With this Instant Pot Smoked Sausage, you can swap out the vegetables. Add in green beans, broccoli, and any other veggies that might sound good.
Many make it with green beans but my husband does not love green beans so I skip that route. The peppers and onions pair nice with potatoes and sausage.
Give this pressure cooker sausage and potatoes recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Craving More Quick Dinner Recipes
- Instant Pot Dirty Rice | Here you have sausage and ground beef working together to bring you a flavorful rice-based dish.
- Duo Crisp Chili Frito Pie | Ground beef, tomatoes, beans, and more come together to make a Frito pie using the pressure cooker and air fryer settings.
- Teriyaki Chicken | One of my favorite Instant Pot chicken recipes. Pair with some white rice for an incredible dinner that is ready in no time.
- Tuscan Chicken Alfredo | If you are craving pasta, this dish is insanely delicious. A must make for alfredo fans.
- Beef Tips With Mashed Potatoes | Comforting, hearty, and loads of flavor in every bite of this pressure cooker recipe.
How To Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers just place in a container and store for up to three days in the fridge. Anything after you can toss or use your best judgment in terms of if it is still good.
It can be reheated on a skillet or in the microwave. The potatoes do soften a bit more, but it is still tasty when reheated.
Instant Pot Sausage and Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1-2 large potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper any color
- 1 can of beer or 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 smoked sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Start by turning your Instant Pot to saute, and then add in your oil, diced peppers, onions, and smoked sausage.
- You will want to cook this for 4-5 minutes until your sausage and peppers and onions are sauted.
- Once your meat and veggies are browned up a bit, then add in your Old Bay Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Toss in your diced potatoes and stir well. Then pour in your beer or chicken broth if you would like.
- Seal the pressure cooker lid on, make sure the seal is closed. Do high pressure for 4 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Once the Instant Pot Sausage and Potatoes are done, stir, and then serve your family and friend with a hearty dish.