Instant Pot Duo Crisp Frito Chili Pie is a super easy and fun weeknight meal. Frito chili pie is something I make quite a bit in our home. Pile on your favorite Frito chili cheese toppings and dive in.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp Frito Chili Pie
You can make these Walking Frito Pies by using single-serve bags of Frito chips! A fantastic camping air fryer recipe, or even just a fun weeknight dinner.
Chili Frito pie is one I highly recommend trying to make chili cheese Frito pies at home, instead of just ordering out at your favorite fast food or restaurant.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
What Is In Frito Frito Pie
- Ground Beef
- Diced Tomatoes
- Chili Beans
- Taco Seasoning
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Frito Corn Chips
How To Make Instant Pot Duo Crisp Frito Chili Pie
- Start by sauteing your ground beef on the saute feature on the Instant Pot Duo Crisp.
- Once ground beef is fully cooked and no longer pink, turn off the saute feature.
- Now pour in your taco seasoning, and stir until it is mixed in with the ground beef.
- Pour in beans and tomatoes and stir.
- Place air fryer crisping lid on the Instant Pot Duo Crisp. Then do 350 degrees on Air Fryer setting and cook for 10 minutes. I took the lid off and stirred the mixture once.
- Now, remove the lid once cooked, stir, and then pour shredded cheese in. Return lid, for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off, and pile on your favorite toppings and corn chips.
Toppings For Chili Frito Pie
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Black Olives
- Diced Onion or Green Onions
Can I Make This Frito Pie In Oven
Yes! I have made this exact recipe in the oven for years. You will cook your ground beef in a skillet on the stove.
Once your meat is done, mix in the taco seasoning, stir well. Then pour in beans and tomatoes. Pour into an 8×8 pan, top with cheese, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Remove and pile on corn chips, sour cream, and all other toppings you want.
How To Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers, just place in an airtight container. It will store in the fridge for up to three days. Then when you want some, just warm up in the microwave or reheat in the oven.
If you reheat in the oven make sure to cover with aluminum foil so it doesn’t dry out the mixture.
Can I Double This Recipe
Yes! You are welcome to double the recipe if you want to serve extra. You will keep the cooking time the same.
If you are cooking in the oven and double reach for a 9×13 size pan instead of 8×8.
Can You Freeze Leftovers
This is a freezer-friendly ground beef recipe. You can freeze your ground beef mixture with the beans and tomatoes. You will want to not freeze the corn chips, and the sour cream and other toppings.
Just take your ground beef mixture and store it in the appropriate container for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, and then warm-up. Top with chips, extra cheese, and all your favorite toppings.
Can I Substitute Ground Turkey
Yes, you are welcome to substitute the ground beef. You could even use venison, ground chicken, etc. You just might need to add a little oil into the pot when you cook to ensure it doesn’t stick so much.
Looking For More Easy Ground Beef Dinner Ideas
- Baked Beans With Ground Beef and Bacon
- 15+ Ground Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Beef Nachos
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can chili beans or pinto beans (15 oz)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 oz)
- 1 bag Frito Corn Chips
- 2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Turn your Instant Pot Duo Crisp to the saute feature, and cook your ground beef. Cook until it is no longer pink and all crumbled up. If using a super lean ground beef add a teaspoon of oil in when cooking meat.
- Once your meat is done, turn the saute feature off, and pour in your taco seasoning. Stir it around making sure it coats all your meat. If you have any meat stuck to the bottom of the pot to scrape it off.
- Pour in your beans and tomatoes and give a good stir.
- Place air fryer lid on your Duo Crisp. Turn to 350 degrees and cook for 10 minutes. You will want to stir at the 5-minute mark to replace the lid.
- Once the mixture is cooked, remove the lid and pour in 1 cup of cheese to 1 cup and a half. Replace the lid, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once it is done cooking dish up your Frito chili cheese pie.
- Pile on corn chips, sour cream, and all your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 453mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading.