Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken is the ultimate dinner dish. Shredded juicy chicken smothered in a teriyaki sauce and served over a bed of rice. Instant Pot chicken teriyaki is even better than takeout!
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
I served this shredded chicken over a bed of rice. You could change it up if you want, I will share a handful of ideas below to consider!
A dinner recipe you can have ready in under 30 minutes! Ring that dinner bell and watch the family come running.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
Way To Serve Chicken Teriyaki
- Bed of Rice
- Reach for Cauliflower Rice for lower carb option
- Zucchini Noodles
- Sticky Rice or Fried Rice
- Saute some peppers and onions on the side
- Broccoli stirred in at the end of cooking
- Add pineapple for a hint of sweetness
There are so many ways to serve up this Instant Pot chicken. I love it, and we will have to incorporate it into our meal plan on and off. The perfect boneless chicken recipe!
If you want a dessert to pair with your chicken, try my Instant Pot Angel Food Cake!
Can I Swap Out Chicken
You are welcome to swap out the chicken in this chicken dinner recipe. If you use a bone-in chicken you will find it could take a bit longer to cook.
If you do chicken thighs cook for 12 minutes and then make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches 165 degrees internal temperature.
How To Make Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Place raw chicken in Instant Pot.
- Mix up the sauce and pour over the chicken.
- Seal lid and make sure the valve is sealed as well.
- Pressure cook as directed below in the printable recipe card below.
- Natural release for 5 minutes followed by a quick-release on the rest of the pressure.
- Remove chicken and chop or shred.
- Turn the saute feature on, and mix up your cornstarch slurry and pour it into the sauce and stir till it thickens.
- Pour shredded chicken in, stir and then serve how you would like.
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Rice
Dice, chop or shred your chicken. Or if you are using bone-in chicken then serve it whole. This Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Rice is pretty versatile on how you serve it up.
I added a sprinkle of sesame seeds on top of my dish, to add a nice pop of color but also add a bit more flavor.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken
Yep! Just place your frozen chicken in the pressure cooker. Then cook at the same time. It will just take your electric pressure cooker a bit longer to come to pressure.
It will thaw the chicken before it begins cooking. So you don’t need to add extra cooking time to your overall cook time.
Here are my most popular Instant Pot recipes to try out
Can I Make This In Ninja Foodi
Of course! You sure can cook this in your Ninja Foodi if you have that or a different electric pressure cooker!
Check out my Ninja Foodi Grill recipes! I just got one so I am going to be adding lots of recipes overtime for you to try.
How To Thicken Sauce
Cornstarch slurry is how you thicken the sauce. Once cooked you remove chicken and turn the saute feature on. Let it get hot then mix water and cornstarch together and pour in.
Stir constantly so that it doesn’t burn. The cornstarch will naturally thicken the sauce without adding flavor to your sauce. Once your sauce is thick, pour chicken back in.
Stir the chicken in with the sauce and then serve.
- 1 pound boneless chicken tenders or breasts (can sub bone-in meat)
- 2/3 cups soy sauce (low sodium to lessen salty flavor)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Rice ( optional)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Start by spraying your instant pot with cooking spray on the bottom. Lay down your raw chicken.
- In a bowl add your water, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger into a bowl. Whip it up until well mixed.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken. Place lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Do high pressure for 10 minutes, with a 5-minute natural release. Once done with the 5-minute natural release, release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove chicken and shred or dice up, and set aside.
- Turn saute feature on, and let it get hot. Then in a bowl mix your cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water together. Stir well and then pour into the Instant Pot.
- Stir continuously until sauce thickens. This takes just a minute or two. Pour chicken back in, stir and then turn off Instant Pot.
- Serve this Instant Pot Teriyaki chicken with rice, cauliflower rice, or any of your favorite fixings.
- I sauteed onions and peppers in a pan and topped our chicken teriyaki with it along with some white long grain rice.
If you do bone-in chicken thighs or other cut cook for 12 minutes, then ensure the meat reaches 165 degrees internal temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 1009mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading.