Check out this cranberry crostini! This is a Christmas appetizer that is sticky, tangy, and sweet. This Christmas cranberry appetizer is one I make every year. This Christmas party food is one that will disappear quickly.
Crostini literally means, “little toast”. Crostini appetizers have endless possibilities. I used honey, cranberry, and more to give this cranberry recipe a fun twist. Also, try my blueberry brie bites for another appetizer.
Grab some baguettes and supplies and let’s get cooking. This is a last minute appetizer you can practically throw together and serve! Also, try my White Chocolate snack mix for a holiday dessert.
This Cranberry Crostini Recipe Is…
- Made with 6 ingredients
- Can use canned or homemade cranberry sauce
- Quick Prep
- Cooks In A Hurry
- Great last minute Christmas appetizer
Here are the cranberry crostini ingredients you will need to make this holiday appetizer.
Cranberry Sauce – Make homemade or reached for canned. If you do canned, I prefer using the cranberry that has whole berries in it.
Baguette – Grab your baguettes at the grocery store and have for this simple appetizer. If they have different brands or varieties buy what you would prefer.
Cream Cheese – I used cream cheese but you could easily swap and make this a cranberry brie appetizer or even use goat cheese.
Honey and Butter – I make a homemade honey butter that is rich and sweet down to the last drop.
Lime Zest – Lime is optional but the zest adds a bit of tangy flavor and dresses up with a pop of color.
Silicone Baking Mat or Aluminum Foil
Variations To Recipe
Here is a few swaps and changes up for grabs for this appetizer using cranberry sauce.
- Use different varieties of bread to try out.
- Swap cream cheese with goat cheese, Brie, etc.
- Add a little spice by mixing in a little jalapeno in with the cranberry sauce. Or top with a jalapeno.
- Add on a thin slice of prosciutto
- Swap lime with orange zest for a change.
How to Make
Step One: Preheat the oven and grab your baking sheet. Take your baguette slices and place in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
Step Two: Take your softened butter and mix with the honey until nice and creamy.
Step Three: Take the honey butter and spread on each baguette. Then you will toast in the oven until golden color.
Step Four: Remove from the oven and spread a layer of softened cream cheese on top, and a dollop of the cranberry. Garnish with lime zest if you want.
Serve and devour!
These crostini bites are best served fresh and warm. I recommend not making more than you plan to eat. If you happen to have a few leftover, store in the fridge. Then eat them cold. The texture can change a bit to where they are soggier.
If you have extra bread, butter, and such, store each item separately in the fridge. Then heat and assemble for a fresh and tasty cranberry holiday appetizer.
Helpful tips when making this cranberry Christmas appetizer!
- Any type of baguette style bread works.
- Make sure to use softened cream cheese so it spreads evenly.
- Same with the butter use softened butter so it mixed well.
- If you don’t want it to be too sweet, you can leave the honey off and spread with butter and toast.
- Make right before you plan to serve. Otherwise, the bread will become soggy. This is one party appetizer you don’t want to make in advance.
- 1 Baguette sliced 2″ thick
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons Butter softened
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Sauce
- Lime Zest optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or silicone baking mat.
- Then place your baguette slices on the cooking. If your baguette is not sliced already you will slice in 2 inch slices.
- In a bowl, add butter and honey. Mix well then spread on each of the baguettes. Make sure the butter is softened so it mixes well.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until toasted. Then remove.
- On top add softened cream cheese, and a dollop of cranberry sauce.
- Zest some lime on top if you want, or even a zest of orange works great.
- Serve these cranberry crostini bites right away.