Seasoned beef, onions, cheese, Hawaiian rolls, join forces to create these crowd worthy burger sliders. Make this slider recipe for dinner or a party appetizer.
Add cheese for a tasty cheeseburger slider or leave off, I did half cheeseburgers and half burgers. This ground beef dinner idea is very simple! Want more of a traditional burger? Try my Blackstone Smash Burgers! Or try my roast beef sliders or even my White Castle burgers.
I have a video tutorial that will walk you through how to make these cheeseburger sliders. Or leave off the cheese for a flavorful burger recipe.
This Burger Slider Recipe Is…
- 30 minute recipe
- Great as an appetizer or dinner option
- Crispy topped bun with a tender center, and flavorful meat.
- Affordable to ground beef recipe make.
- A family favorite Hawaiian roll burger sliders recipe.
- Can be made with Hawaiian sweet rolls or Butter rolls.
Ingredients You Will Need
Ground Beef – Now I recommend using a leaner meat so you have less grease to drain off. You could also swap with turkey for a turkey burger slider if you want.
Seasonings – Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder are simple but help add flavor to the meat.
Onion – This is optional if you do not want onion in your meat.
Cheese – Sliced cheese or shredded cheese works. I did part cheeseburger sliders and the other hamburger. As my family doesn’t all like cheese.
Rolls – Hawaiian butter rolls are what I used, but any brand or flavor works. For this Hawaiian bun sliders recipe we like savory, but sweet rolls do work.
Sesame Seeds – This is a fun topping to this hamburger recipe. You could swap it out or leave it off if you want.
Mayonnaise and Mustard – This is the mix-in I added to the burgers. It helps to flavor the meat a bit before tossing on the buns.
Substitutes and Variations to Recipe
- Swap out the meat for ground turkey, chicken, or even pork.
- Top with Everything But The Bagel Seasoning instead of Sesame seeds.
- Use shredded cheese instead of sliced for these mini burger sliders.
- Mix in some ketchup and mustard and mayo, or even a BBQ sauce to flavor the meat.
- Top with some bacon for a bacon cheeseburger slider recipe!
The possibilities for this are endless. Whip up any or all the new ways and create a dish that fits you. These are awesome for a no-fuss weeknight dinner. That is what I do a lot when I am cooking these. But they are also a great game-day appetizer, and party food.
How to Make
Step One: Start by cooking your hamburger in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and the finely diced onion.
Once the ground beef is fully cooked, drain off any grease.
Step Two: Now add in the mayonnaise and mustard, and mix well.
Step Three: Slice your Hawaiian rolls or other brand in half, and place the bottom layer of buns on a prepared pan. Top the buns with the ground meat mixture. Top with cheese if you would like, then place your buns on top.
Step Four: Melt the butter and brush all over the top of the buns. Then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Step Five: Toss in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and the tops of the buns have darkened up a little bit.
Here are some tips and tricks on how to make burger sliders!
- Make sure to fully cook the meat then drain grease or it will sog up the bottom of the buns.
- You have to brush slider rolls with butter or they will dry out as they heat up in the oven.
- I did an oven burger slider, but you could also heat up in the air fryer if you have an air fryer.
- Top the ground beef slider buns with anything you want. You could even create an onion bun if you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
Burger Sliders Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 package Hawaiian Butter Rolls
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- sliced cheese optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then place aluminum foil on a baking sheet or prep your pan with cooking spray.
- Cook your ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the salt, pepper and garlic powder, and onion.
- Once the meat is fully cooked, drain off grease.
- Slice the buns in half, and place the bottom layer on the baking sheet. Top with the ground meat mixture.
- Then add cheese if you would like cheeseburgers. Place the top layer of buns on top.
- Melt your butter and brush the buns all over. This will prevent them from drying out. Then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place the slider burgers in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Once done, serve the burger sliders with your favorite toppings!
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Leave A Reply!