Enjoy this rich and indulgent Coconut Milk Chia Pudding to start your morning right. Each bite has creamy coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla, coconut, and is sweetened by maple syrup. Packed with fiber and flavor, you can’t go wrong with it. A coconut pudding that brings no guilt.
Table of contents
Raise your hand if there are days when you just don’t feel like making breakfast, so you hit a drive-thru instead! I’m right there with you, but with this incredible chia pudding, it’s a game-changer. When I meal prep with chia coconut pudding it helps me!
If you love chia, here is a breakfast chia recipe that requires minimal effort. Pile on toppings for kids to want to take one more bite. While you are at it, be sure to try out my Instant Pot rice pudding too. It’s heavenly!
🥥 Why You’ll Love This
- It’s nutritious
- Breakfast Pudding
- Tastes incredible
- Makes a great breakfast on the go
- Super simple
- Easily customizable
- Everyone loves it even kids
- Top with fresh fruit for sweetness
- Has lots of yummy coconut flavor
- No refined sugar
- Sweetened with fruit and maple syrup
- Coconut milk or you could try almond milk to replace
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut (optional)
- Strawberries or Blueberries (optional)
This chia seed pudding with coconut milk takes just 4 ingredients. I added on fruit and shredded coconut. It is not required to add them in.
👩🍳 Other Topping Ideas
Here are some other tasty toppings for this chia pudding recipe with coconut milk!
- Any Fresh Fruit
- Chocolate chips
- Crushed nuts
- Dollop of nut butter
- Dollop of whipped cream if serving as a dessert
- Drizzle of honey or maple syrup
🥣 How to Make
Combine Ingredients | Mix the coconut milk, chia seeds, pure vanilla extract, maple syrup, and salt together in a bowl.
Let it rest | Allow the mixture to rest at room temperature for 10 – 15 minutes. Then you’ll need to refrigerate it for 1-2 hours.
Add toppings and serve | After you take it out of the fridge, you can add your favorite non-dairy milk, toppings, and garnish. Then serve and enjoy!
🥄 Expert Tips
- It’s important not to swap the chia seeds for any other kind of seed. Chia seeds are going to give you a fantastic texture that nothing else will come close to.
- You can refrigerate the coconut chia pudding for a couple of hours or let it sit overnight.
- Coconut milk gives this recipe lots of thickness and creaminess. You can exchange it for any of your favorite non-dairy or dairy milk. It won’t be as thick, so you may need to add another tablespoon of chia seeds.
- If you prefer the pudding to be smoother, you can blend it before serving.
- Feel free to add in any of your favorite fruit or berries to make various flavors.
🥤 Recipe FAQs
More Breakfast Inspired Recipes
- Instant Pot Peaches and Cream Breakfast Quinoa
- 5 Ingredient Blackberry Biscuits
- Fluffy Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Cranberry Muffins with Walnuts and Oats
- Cinnamon Rolls with Puff Pastry
Coconut Milk Chia Pudding
- 1 cup coconut milk or more as desired
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt optional
- Shredded coconut optional garnish
- Sliced strawberries or Blueberries optional garnish
- In a bowl, you will add in your coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla, maply syrup, and vanilla, and the optional salt.
- Stir the coconut chia mixture well, and then let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Stir every few minutes to help incorporate the chia pudding.
- Transfer your chia pudding into the fridge and leave it covered. Store in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours.
- Then remove the coconut milk pudding and then add more milk to taste. Serve with shredded coconut, fresh berries, chocolate shavings, etc.