Serve up this Horseradish Ranch Dressing to spice up your salad, sandwiches, or make as a dip! This creamy horseradish dressing is a fun twist to a homemade ranch dressing but with a kick of horsey in each bite. An easy dressing recipe to add to your menu!
Table of contents
This creamy horseradish dressing recipe is one my husband asked me to make. He is a sucker for all things that involve horseradish. So I created this recipe, and sure enough he loved the homemade condiment!
This is a homemade ranch dressing recipe with a twist of kick! A horseradish salad dressing everyone will love to spoon on their salad, steak, use as a dip, and more.
🍋Ways To Use This Horsey Ranch
- Top salads as a dressing
- Make a bit thicker in consistency for a veggie or chip dip
- Top chicken, steak, and other meats with
- Use as a pasta salad sauce
- Use as a condiment for a sandwich, etc
🥑 What Do You Need
Prepared Horseradish | You can buy this in the refrigerator section at the store. Watch the heat as some are super hot. It is up to you what you can handle.
Buttermilk | Buttermilk and sour cream along with mayo are the base of the salad dressing. Also, I recommend using fresh lemon juice but store-bought in a bottle can work.
Spices and Herbs | Garlic powder, salt, pepper, and dill along with dry ranch powder.
🥕 How to Make
Take all your ingredients in the recipe card below. Add them into a mason jar, blender or bowl and mix until fully combined.
Place in the refrigerator for an hour before you serve. This is important to do to allow the flavors to blend together, and help bring out the richness of the horseradish paired with the ranch seasoning.
🥬 Storage For Horseradish Ranch Dressing
Your horsey ranch needs to be store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The dressing can store for up to one to two weeks.
Make sure that between each use, you shake or stir well. Then give it a smell to make sure nothing has spoiled in it. If stored properly it will last for up to two weeks, which is nice.
🧄 Expert Tips and Variations
- I used homemade ranch powder to mix into my dressing. You can also use store bought powder as well.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of horseradish you mix into the dressing to control the flavor and heat.
- I love the added dill in the dressing, but if you are not big into dill leave it out.
- Double the recipe if you need to feed a larger crowd.
- Make this up to 1-2 days before you plan to serve. Then shake well and serve up a homemade creamy dressing.
- The sour cream and buttermilk help to bring out a nice tang in this homemade condiment recipe!
This also makes a great gift you can make. I know a lot of my family could enjoy this horseradish ranch dressing!
🍽️ Recipe FAQs
More Condiments and Homemade Mixes
Horseradish Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 – 2 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a mason jar or a bowl, you will add in your buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, Worcestershire, ranch powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and dill.
- Shake well or stir until the horseradish ranch dressing becomes nice and creamy.
- Place lid on container and store for 1 hour in the refrigerator before you use.
- Then give the creamy horseradish dressing a stir and use how you would like.
If you make this horseradish ranch dressing recipe let me know how you like it below!