Beer Cheese Queso is a loaded queso dip with a fun beer cheese dip twist. Ground beef, beer, three kinds of cheese and more collide in the ultimate game day party dip!
If you are looking for a warm cheesy dip, this recipe is screaming your name. Or reach for my Instant Pot Queso, for another winning dip recipe. Or my popular smoked queso.
While this has a spin on traditional queso, it is going to win everyone over with one cheesy bite. This Velveeta beer cheese is popular for game day appetizer, parties, and more. Or for another crowd worthy dip try my bean dip.
- Ground Beef or Opt for Ground Sausage
- Pepperjack Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar
- Black Beans
- Seasonings and Spices
How To Make
- Start by cooking your ground beef or sausage on the skillet. Drain off any excess oil you have.
- Pour in your beer and allow it to simmer as directed below in the printable recipe card. This will help to blend the flavor.
- Now add in your spices, Rotel, and black beans.
- Stir in all three kinds of cheese and stir until it is fully melted and incorporated.
- Serve warm with any of your favorite dippers.
Ground Beef Or Ground Sausage
Either meat works great in this recipe. Or if you want it to be meatless leave the meat out altogether!
I went with ground beef this go around, but I have done hot sausage in the past. It adds more of a kick of spice in each bite.
While we prefer beef with this queso beer cheese dip, the sausage is nice as well.
Ways To Serve Beer Queso
- Tortilla Chips
- Corn Chips
- Fresh Crisp veggies like celery or carrots
You can honestly serve this beer queso with anything that you enjoy. This hot dip is crazy easy to make, and you can add more pepper flakes to add more spice to the dip if you want to ramp up the heat.
Not sure how to store this beer cheese dip with Corona? You can store your dip in a container in the fridge. Then just warm up on the stovetop or in the microwave.
One thing is the dip will thicken quite a bit once it is chilled. If need be add a splash of milk to the dip as you warm it up. Then it will be a dippable crowd pleaser dip again.
Variations and Tips
- Use hot sausage for the beer cheese dip recipe for a kick of spice.
- I recommend shredding cheese off a block, instead of pre-shredded bagged cheese.
- This is a great Super Bowl appetizer to make and keep warm in the crock pot for the big game snacking.
- Have topping items for your dip on hand. Sour cream, jalapenos, diced tomatoes, etc.
- Swap out Corona with any of your favorite beer flavors to change up the flavor of this hot dip.
Looking For More Dip Recipes
- BLT Dip
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Bacon Cheese Dip
Beer Cheese Queso
- 1 pound ground beef or sausage
- 12 ounch beer I used Corona
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can Rotel
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste optional
- 1/4 cup cilanto for topping
- Start by taking your ground beef and cooking in a skillet over medium heat. Drain off any excess grease you have.
- Now pour in your bottle of beer, and lower the heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn your heat to low, for this next step, or you will burn your cheese dip.
- Add in your pepper flakes, salt, pepper and mix to taste. Now add in your black beans, all three kinds of cheese, cilantro, and Rotel. Stir until the cheese mixture is fully melted.
- Once well incorporated, you can serve this beer cheese queso hot with your favorite toppings.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Have you ever tried a beer cheese queso dip before?
Leave A Reply!