Beer Cheese Queso is a loaded queso dip with a fun beer cheese dip twist. Ground beef, beer, three kinds of cheese and more collide in the ultimate game day party dip!
Beer Cheese Queso
If you are looking for a warm cheesy dip, this recipe is screaming your name. Or reach for my Instant Pot Queso, for another winning dip recipe.
While this has a spin on traditional queso, it is going to win everyone over with one cheesy bite.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
What is In Beer Cheese Queso Recipe
- Ground Beef or Opt for Ground Sausage
- Pepperjack Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar
- Black Beans
- Seasonings and Spices
How To Make Beer Cheese Queso Dip
- Start by cooking your ground beef or sausage on the skillet. Drain off any excess oil you have.
- Pour in your beer and allow it to simmer as directed below in the printable recipe card. This will help to blend the flavor.
- Now add in your spices, Rotel, and black beans.
- Stir in all three kinds of cheese and stir until it is fully melted and incorporated.
- Serve warm with any of your favorite dippers.
Ways To Serve Beer Queso
- Tortilla Chips
- Corn Chips
- Pita Bread
- Fresh Crisp veggies like celery or carrots
You can honestly serve this beer queso with anything that you enjoy. This hot dip is crazy easy to make, and you can add more pepper flakes to add more spice to the dip if you want to ramp up the heat.
What Is The Best Beer To Use For Beer Cheese
The thing about any beer cheese recipe you will find it is versatile. If you prefer a more mild flavor, reach for a lighter beer. Or if you want it to be bolder in flavor reach for a darker more stout beer.
I went with Corona here for a lighter take. I didn’t want it to overpower all the other flavors in this rich and warm cheesy dip.
Looking For More Dip Recipes
Can I Swap Out The Beans In Recipe
Feel free to leave out the black beans if you don’t want them. Or you could replace with pinto beans, chili beans, or even possibly kidney beans.
The black beans offer a nice Tex-Mex flair, but feel free to replace or leave them out if you prefer.
This warm dip recipe is versatile, so feel free to pick what you prefer on flavor.
Ground Beef Or Ground Sausage
Either meat works great in this recipe. Or if you want it to be meatless leave the meat out altogether!
I went with ground beef this go around, but I have done hot sausage in the past. It adds more of a kick of spice in each bite.
While we prefer beef with this queso beer cheese dip, the sausage is nice as well.
- 1 pound ground beef or sausage
- 12 ounch beer (I used Corona)
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can Rotel
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilanto for topping
- Start by taking your ground beef and cooking in a skillet over medium heat. Drain off any excess grease you have.
- Now pour in your bottle of beer, and lower the heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn your heat to low, for this next step, or you will burn your cheese dip.
- Add in your pepper flakes, salt, pepper and mix to taste. Now add in your black beans, all three kinds of cheese, cilantro, and Rotel. Stir until the cheese mixture is fully melted.
- Once well incorporated, you can serve this beer cheese queso hot with your favorite toppings.
Topping Ideas: Fresh Avocados, tomatoes, salsa, jalapenos, sour cream, more cheese, etc.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 1136mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 28g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading.