Smoked Salmon Dip is a creamy and rich seafood dip that requires no baking. A cold dip recipe that takes minutes to throw together and serve up. If salmon dip is your thing, you will be drooling over this simple dip recipe.
I am an Amazon Affiliate so if you order through one of my affiliate links I will earn commission on sales.
My smoked salmon cream cheese dip is one that is extra creamy and full of rich flavors. Smoked salmon, pimentos, dill, lemon juice and more come together for this salmon recipe.
Smoked Salmon Dip
Sour cream and cream cheese pair in this dip, for the ultra velvety texture. I used a food processor to mix up the ingredients for that super creamy texture. If you don’t own a food processor you could pulse in a blender. Smoked fish always tastes amazing in dip form in my eyes!
Craving more easy dips
- Buffalo Chicken Dip | This kicks up the heat for you, and gives you tender chicken smothered in a rich and spicy base. A must make party dip.
- Everything Bagel Dip | If you are a fan of the everything bagel seasoning, you will love this creamy dip. Loads of flavor in each bite.
- BLT Dip | Get the flavors of a BLT but in dip form. This is a layer dip that is incredible and so simple to make up. Use tortilla chips, crackers, bread and more to scoop it up.
- Crab Rangoon Dip | Get the flavors of a crab rangoon in dip form. I then pair it with homemade wonton chips for the ultimate dipper.
- Cowboy Sausage Dip | Cheesy, savory and downright addictive. You make this dip in your Ninja foodi for a super simple dip that will win over a crowd.
What You Need For Smoked Salmon Dip
- Smoked Salmon
- Cream Cheese
- Fresh lemon juice
- Dried Dill
- Sour Cream
- Smoked Paprika
How To Make Smoked Salmon Dip
- Simply toss your ingredients into a food processor or blender, and give a few pulses until you reach the texture of dip you would like.
- Pour into a serving bowl and pair with your favorite dipping items and enjoy.
Variations to Salmon Dip
- Add a splash of hot sauce to kick up the heat.
- Swap with fresh dill for more vibrant flavor.
- Toss in some chives for added flavor or even green onions.
- Swap pimentos for capers for a whole new flavor to the dip.
- Add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise to add even more creaminess to the salmon dip recipe.
Is This Salmon Dip Served Cold or Hot
You will serve this dip cold. Simply whip up this dip and then store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve to your guests. Make sure that as it sits out, that you don’t let it sit out for more than 2 hours at a time.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes in between to ensure the temperature of the dip doesn’t drop to an unhealthy temperature. That could run the risk of bacteria growing at a rapid pace.
How Long Will Smoked Fish Dip Keep
When stored properly in an airtight container in the fridge, you will find this dip will store for up to five days. I do recommend to serve it fresh, as that tastes best. You can make this up to 24 hours in advance before serving it up.
What to Pair With Salmon Cream Cheese Dip
- Carrots, celery, peppers, and other produce.
- Fresh bread slices
- Tortilla chips
- Corn Chips
- Or any other dippers that sound tasty!
Can You Freeze Smoked Salmon Dip
Unfortunately due to the cream cheese and sour cream in this dip, it will not thaw in the proper texture as it was frozen it. You will find the texture will be off once it thaws. Some dairy just doesn’t do well in the freezer. If you want to try it go for it, but know the texture will be different than first served.
Smoked Salmon Dip
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces of smoked salmon roughly chopped
- 4 oz pimentos diced and drained
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients into the food processor and pulse until it blends the dip to a creamy texture.
- Pour into a bowl and serve.
Are you a fan of smoked salmon?