Air fryer lobster tail is one of my favorite ways to cook up lobster. You have a succulent lobster tail that is then topped with melted butter and herbs and seasoning. An effortless way to whip up lobster for dinner any night of the week. Lobster tail in the air fryer takes just 15 minutes to make.
Seafood lovers will enjoy this impressive meal. If you are looking for something new, try it out and see for yourself how delicious it is.
This Air Fryer Lobster Tails Recipe Is…
- Just 15 minutes from start to finish is all this air fry lobster tail recipe requires. Great for a busy weeknight.
- Quick prep with minimal effort.
- Soft and tender succulent meat that is bursting with flavor.
- Juicy lobster tails every single time. The biggest thing is to make sure you do not overcook the lobster depending on the size of your tails.
- Fancy restaurant quality lobster that you can make in your home for a fraction of the cost.
- Easy meals for the whole family to enjoy. Pair with your favorite side dishes and devour.
Lobster – Reach for lobster tails! Feel free to buy fresh or frozen lobster. Just thaw the lobster first for best results.
Butter – I used unsalted butter, but if you want to use salted butter, just leave out the salt in the recipe.
Garlic – I minced fresh garlic clove but you can buy pre-made garlic as well.
Lemon – You will use the lemon juice to really enhance the flavor of the seafood. Go an extra step and use lemon zest as well.
Salt and Pepper – Use to flavor to your liking.
Parsley – Fresh parsley adds a stunning presentation value and a hint of fresh herb flavor.
How to Make
Here is a quick walk-through for this how to make air fryer lobster tail recipe. For full directions and measurements see the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- To start you want to rinse and pat dry the lobster tails. Then you will use kitchen shears and cut the top of the shell. I did this in two cuts.
- Then you will take a knife and carefully lift up the tail out of the shell a bit, removing it from the shell. This is called butterfly lobster tails, where the meat is pulled out slightly of the shell.
- Next, you will grab a small bowl and add your butter and melt. Then pour half the butter into a second bowl. In one of the bowls add the lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- In a preheated air fryer you will place your lobster tails in the air fryer basket. Drizzle the lobster with the melted garlic butter. Air fry for 6 minutes.
- Check on the lobster meat to see the doneness. Depending on the size of the lobster the cook time does vary. At this point, I added the rest of the garlic butter sauce and then cooked an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Once your lobster is fully cooked, serve immediately with the extra melted butter for dipping. Top with fresh parsley and serve with a drizzle of lemon juice and/or lemon zest.
- Serve with a lemon wedge for guests to choose to drizzle with lemon.
- Change up the seasonings and herbs used to flavor the lobster recipe.
- Add garlic powder instead of minced garlic.
- Add a splash of lemon to the sauce so it is a lemon garlic butter sauce to drizzle over. The lemon is great for reducing the flavor of the fishy flavor.
How to Store Leftovers
If you do not eat all the lobster, you can store the leftover lobster in an airtight container in the fridge. The lobster will store for 1-2 days. Now you can leave the lobster in the base of the tail, or you can remove the meat and store just the meat.
Feel free to store it any way you prefer. Then to reheat simply warm in the air fryer or in the microwave. Then drizzle an extra helping of melted butter to ensure the cooked lobster is juicy and flavorful.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are even more seafood recipes that will satisfy the whole family, or make for a delicious dinner for two.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
Printable Recipe Card
Lobster Tails in Air Fryer
- 2 Lobster Tails
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped optional
- 1 medium lemon sliced into wedges
- Wash and dry the lobster tails. With scissors, make two cuts on top of the shell, remove the central sector so that you can get the lobster meat from the shell.
- Using a knife, carefully separate the inside of the lobster meat from the shell and remove part of the tail to the outside. This is called to butterfly lobster, where the meat will cook more evenly.
- Melt the butter in a bowl, pour half into another bowl. In one part, add lemon juice, chopped garlic, salt, pepper, and stir.
- Place the lobster tails in the air fryer basket. Drizzle lobster meat with melted garlic butter. Bake at 360 degrees F for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, drizzle the lobster meat with the rest of the butter and cook for another 3 minutes.