This viral recipe is going to win you over. Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta has quickly become a viral TikTok chicken recipe! Olive Garden pasta is creamy and so delicious. Chicken breast, Olive Garden dressing, cream cheese, parmesan, and pasta all in one comforting slow cooker chicken recipe!
Olive Garden Italian dressing chicken recipe is one you can make as a crockpot chicken or I share directions on how to make this as an Instant Pot recipe as well in the recipe card.
Also try out my salsa chicken for another quick and easy dinner idea.
Why You will Enjoy This Olive Garden Crock Pot Chicken…
- Simple ingredients
- Crockpot Dinner Idea
- Family Friendly
- Potluck Recipe
- Zesty Chicken Alfredo Flavor
- Viral TikTok Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Breast – You can use any boneless chicken. Chicken thighs, tenderloins, etc.
- Italian seasoning – This seasoning is optional for this Olive Garden chicken parmesan recipe. I find it helps add more flavor.
- Salt and pepper – Season to taste.
- Italian dressing – You need to use Italian Olive Garden Dressing for this chicken dish.
- Cream cheese – Gives this chicken and pasta an ultra-creamy and rich flavor. Just put the block on top, and don’t stir.
- Parmesan cheese – Optional but adds nice tang to the recipe.
- Pasta – I used penne but any smaller-sized pasta works for this Olive Garden chicken crockpot recipe. Cook pasta as directed on the box.
How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
Full directions on how to make Olive Garden chicken pasta are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. This is a visual walk-through.
Step 1: First, place your chicken breast in the crock pot. Then once your chicken is in the crock pot.
You will season your chicken with Italian season and salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2: Next, pour the Italian dressing into your crockpot covering the chicken breast. Then top with cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Step 3: Then you will place the lid on the crock pot and cook for 6-7 hours on low, or until the chicken reaches proper internal temperature.
Step 4: Time to cook your pasta once your chicken has cooked and is done cooking. Shred chicken while you wait for pasta to cook.
Cook your pasta according to the directions on the side of the package. While waiting on your pasta to cook shred the chicken with two forks.
Step 5: Lastly, drain the pasta but do not rinse. Then add to the crockpot and fold into the shredded chicken until fully combined.
- Use a crockpot liner to make cleaning up is so much easier. Or use a cooking spray instead of a liner.
- No need to use a certain type of pasta. Any will do.
- Don’t open the lid of the crockpot as it will release the heat and slow up the cooking process.
- Cooking on the stovetop gives the same tasty results.
- Also, meat claws are great for shredding chicken fast.
Variations to Recipe
- You can swap regular cream cheese and Italian dressing for fat-free options. This is just as delicious. Therefore, go ahead and use them if you prefer. The flavor will alter a bit.
- Stir in some sun-dried tomatoes for added flavor.
- Chicken thighs that are boneless, chicken tenderloins, work as well. Any bone-free chicken.
- Leaving out cream cheese is fine, your sauce will just not be as thick.
- Also, I share how to make in the Instant Pot if you don’t want the slow cooker version.
In conclusion, you have ways to dress up this dish, and they all turn out delicious.
How to store leftovers?
Refrigerate: Storing any leftover chicken pasta should be placed in an airtight container and in the fridge. It is only good for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Reheating: The best way to heat leftover Olive Garden Chicken Pasta is to dip individual portions onto a microwave plate and heat in the microwave.
What to serve with Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
There is no need to add too much more to this dish. Keeping it simple is best. Try adding just one of these sides to make your dinner complete.
Yes! I find it at my local Walmart, but other retailers have it as well. You will need to look in the refrigerator section where they have their bagged salads.
No need to use their specific brand for this recipe but if you want to try it look for it at your local grocery store.
Absolutely, just boil the pasta as directed on the box. While the pasta is cooking you will pan cook your chicken in a little olive oil.
Once your noodles are cooked and your chicken is done you will mix all the ingredients together in the same pot you cooked your pasta.
Add in the rest of your ingredients and allow everything to simmer for at least 5 minutes. Now the Olive Garden penne pasta is ready to serve!
Go right ahead and reach for a gluten free noodle if you want. Just cook the pasta according to the package, drain and pour in once chicken is cooked.
Depending on who you are, you will find this answer varies. It is said it is safe to put frozen chicken in the slow cooker, as long as it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Depending on the size of chicken and if you leave it whole or diced up varies. For large chicken breast like this 6-7 hours on low, or high 2-3 is what I found for this recipe.
Cooking boneless chicken on high in the crockpot can result in dry chicken. It is recommended to do low setting when you cook chicken in your crockpot.
You can swap the cream cheese with a cup of heavy cream to stir in the pasta dish. The sauce will be thinner if you do opt for this.
More Recipe Ideas
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- 3 chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- 16 oz cooked pasta
- Start by adding your chicken breast into your slow cooker. Then sprinkle on salt and pepper, along with Italian Seasoning.
- Pour your Olive Garden Italian dressing over the chicken.
- Place the cream cheese in the center on top of the chicken, don’t push it down. Then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place lid on the slow cooker and cook the Olive Garden chicken for 6-8 hours on low, or 4-5 hours on high. Or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees internally.
- Once the chicken is done, cook your penne pasta as directed on the box on the stovetop.
- Shred your chicken and mix it up, and then pour the drained pasta in the slow cooker and stir.
- Top your Olive Garden chicken pasta with more parmesan cheese and serve with your favorite side dishes.
Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi Directions For Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Cut chicken into cubes, around an inch in size. Toss into the Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi. Now toss in the dry Penne pasta.
- Pour in 3/4 cup Olive Garden dressing, 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Press the pasta down into the liquid to make sure the pasta is covered.
- Place cream cheese on top, DO NOT STIR. Place lid on the Instant Pot and pressure cook 3 minutes, with 5-minute natural release of pressure. Then press off the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid, and stir! Now, if the liquid is too runny, turn to saute and mix 2 teaspoons cold water and 2 teaspoons cornstarch in a bowl. Stir in the cornstarch slurry to thicken!
- Same for slow cooker if you are worried about the Olive Garden dressing being too rich do 1 cup dressing, 1 cup broth.
- The internal temperature of the chicken needs to be 165 degrees.
- You can use tenderloins or even boneless chicken thighs in this slow cooker chicken recipe
Above all, this chicken is an easy and satisfying meal.