Instant Pot Pasta E Fagioli Soup is an Olive Garden copycat soup recipe. Ground Italian sausage, kale, Northern beans, Ditalini pasta, and more all in one savory and comforting Instant Pot soup.
Table of contents
Make this pasta Fagioli with just a 25 minute cook time in your pressure cooker. Skip dining out and make this copycat Olive Garden pasta e Fagioli at home, and enjoy the leftovers!
Try my Olive Garden Gnocchi soup as well.
If you are unsure on how to pronounce pasta e fagioli, let me know. Here is how – paa·stuh ee faa·jow·lee.
This Olive Garden Fagioli soup is..
- Slow simmered flavor in a fraction of the time
- Made with a creamy broth for total comfort
- Can be made in the slow cooker, stovetop, or Instant Pot
- Simple ingredients
- 5-minute prep
- Pair with my Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Tasty Italian sausage flavor in every bite
Ingredients For Fagioli Soup
How to Make Pasta Fagioli Soup In Instant Pot
- Cook sausage and onions in Instant Pot. Cook until browned and fully cooked.
- Toss in the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for another minute or until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken stock and scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot. Then toss in your beans, pasta, parmesan rind, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Place lid on Instant Pot, cook 4 minutes on high pressure followed by a quick release.
- Remove lid and stir in the chopped kale and heavy cream. Let sit for 2-3 minutes to wilt the kale a bit.
- Serve with grated cheese and more red pepper flakes if you want.
Full directions and measurements for recipe are in the recipe card below.
How to Make Pasta e Fagioli in Crock Pot
- Cook your sausage and onions in a skillet on the stove until browned. Or you can use the saute feature on your crockpot if it has one.
- Next, add in the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until fragrant.
- Pour all the ingredients except the pasta, heavy cream, and kale into the slow cooker. Cook for 7-8 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove the lid and stir in the pasta, cream, and kale.
- Once done, serve with parmesan cheese!
Variations to Recipe
- Leave out the parmesan cheese rind if you want.
- Use ground pork sausage or ground beef instead of Italian sausage.
- Add in a can of kidney beans as well as the Northern beans.
- Add in a can of diced tomatoes.
- You are welcome to use vegetable broth or beef broth in replace of chicken stock.
- Leave out red pepper flakes if you don’t want a kick of heat.
Recipe FAQs for Instant Pot Pasta Fagioli
More Recipe Ideas
Pasta E Fagioli Soup Olive Garden
- ½ pound Italian sausage mild or spicy, your choice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup 8 ounces Ditalini pasta, uncooked
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cans 20 ounces Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 parmesan rind optional
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional and to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped Tuscan kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Start by sauting your ground Italian sauage and onion in the Instant Pot on the saute feature. Once the sausage is fully cooked, drain any excess grease off.
- Add in the garlic and Italian seasoning and let cook another minute till it becomes fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of pot to deglaze. Then add in your beans, parmesan rind, pasta, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Cook for 4 minutes followed by a quick release of pressure.
- Once your soup is done, pour in the heavy cream, and chopped kale. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes to wilt the kale.
- Serve this Pasta e Fagioli soup with grated parmesan if you would like.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Follow the same instructions as above, by sauting meat in skillet on the stove. Then stir in the onions, garlic, Italian seasoning and let it all become fragrant the same.
- Toss the meat in the Slow Cooker along with broth, parmesan rind, beans, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving toss in pasta, kale, and heavy cream. Stir and place lid back on and let it cook a bit longer till pasta is done.
- Garnish and serve.
- You can add kidney beans into the soup if you would like.
- Toss in a can of diced tomatoes for more flavor.
- Leave the parmesan rind out if you would prefer.
- You can use half and half in replace of the heavy cream.