Summer pool party jello shots are the perfect way to dress up your pool party this summer! Blue raspberry vodka jello shots that are topped with a peach ring and a gummy bear. This gummy bear jello shot recipe that will help you unwind this summer.
This Pool Party Jello Shot Recipe Is…
- Made With Fruit-flavored Jello
- 4 Ingredients Needed
- Quick To Make
- Leave out the alcohol for a kid friendly pool treat
- Party Approved
- Jello Shots Made With Vodka
I love that these are make-ahead friendly so you can prep them the night before you are ready to serve. Then when you are ready bring them out and let your guests slurp and enjoy.
Blue Jello – You can use any flavor of Jello but for the water theme I recommend blue. Sonic Blue Coconut or the classic Blue Jello works.
Vodka – Vodka is our choice of alcohol for this boozy jello shot recipe.
Water – You will need some hot water for dissolving the gelatin. I recommend using a filtered water.
Gummy Bears and Peach Rings – Gummy bears and peach rings will take over these summer jello shots! They are so fun to mimic a pool floaty and the bear as a person.
How to Make Pool Party Jello Shots
Full steps on how to make pool party jello shots are in the printable recipe card featured below. This is a visual walk-through for readers if they would like.
Step One: Start by heating up water and bring to a boil. You can heat your water up on the stove or in the microwave.
Step Two: Next add in your blue raspberry Jell-O packet, and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. This takes around 2 minutes.
Step Three: Then you will add in your vodka, and stir again to combine.
Step Four: Pour the Jello mixture into the little condiment cups. Then you will place the lids on each of the cups.
Step Five: Refrigerate for 2 hours, then remove and top with the peach ring and gummy bear in the center of the jello shot.
Depending on size of cups you use, the set up time for the Jello can vary. Mine took about 2-3 hours to set up.
Variations to Recipe
- Add gummy bears into the cup and then pour the jello mixture on top for a loaded gummy bear jello shot.
- Add in some candy Nerds to give the bottom of the Jello shot color. Just add enough to cover the bottom of the container.
- Flavored booze works great at elevating the flavor of your shots!
- Take a cocktail umbrella and poke in to each of the shots at the end once the Jello has set up!
- Switch up the flavor of Jello you use, any flavor works!
- Stick a Swedish fish in the shots instead for a fun fish in the ocean theme.
Make sure that your water is boiling and then add in the Jello. It is needed to ensure all the gelatin dissolves, otherwise they will not set up properly.
Use cold Vodka to help drop the temperature of the Jello mixture.
Placing your cups on a cookie sheet will help create a flat surface for you to easily move from kitchen to fridge, and etc.
You can double, triple, etc. this recipe. Just make sure you have enough room in the fridge to hold them all. These blue jello shots are so tasty!
Frequently Asked Questions
More Boozy Drinks
Want more items to pair with this jello pool party shot? Here are some tasty drinks to try out.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Pool Party Jello Shots
- 1 3 ounce blue Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Vodka
- 20 Gummy Bears
- 20 Peach Rings or Life Saver Gummies
- Start by heating up the 1 cup of water. You can warm it up in the microwave for 2 minutes, or heat on the stovetop in a pan.
- With your boiling water add in the blue raspberry Jello and stir for 2 minutes or until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Next add in the vodka and 1/2 cup cold water. Stir to combine the ingredients together.
- Place your plastic containers on a baking tray with an edge, and then pour the Jello into each 2 ounce cup.
- Place the lids on each cup and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once the Jello is set up, remove lids and place a Peach ring in the center. Some I had to gently pull to stretch the centers out a bit.
- Place the gummy bear in the center, and then serve up your homemade summer jello shots.
- 1 Measuring Cup with Spout
- 1 Whisk