Peppermint Fudge is a layered chocolate fudge that has a peppermint flavor in every single decadent bite. A sweetened condensed milk fudge that is topped with crushed candy canes and chocolate chips.
Table of contents
You can make this a microwave fudge or use a double boiler on the stovetop. Either method works!
🍭 Why I Recommend This Fudge
- Basic Pantry Ingredients
- Easy Prep
- Quick Cook Time
- Sweet Minty Peppermint In Every Bite
- An easy no bake Christmas dessert
- Kid friendly
- Delicious down to the last crumb
🍬 How to Make
Chocolate Fudge Layer | Add your chocolate chips and condensed milk in a bowl. You can heat on a double boiler or heat in the microwave for 30 second increments. Stir in the vanilla once the chocolate is melted.
Then pour into the 8×8 pan. I recommend lining with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Pink Layer | In a bowl you will microwave the pink chips and sweetened condensed milk. Then stir in the peppermint extract and vanilla. Once creamy pour on top of the chocolate layer.
Toppings| Add on crushed candy canes and mini chocolate chips if you would like. Or you could even do Christmas sprinkles.
🍭 Expert Tips
- You can easily swap semisweet chocolate with milk chocolate if you would like.
- You can use white chocolate instead of colored pink candy melts.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter or the fridge.
- Feel free to freeze leftover fudge for up to three months.
Fudge is a very thick and dense dessert you bite into. Made with sweetened condensed milk, chocolate and a lot of times marshmallows. It is also a bit sweeter than a classic piece of chocolate.
Layering fudge is really easy. You will work in batches, where you make one color first. Lay into pan, and then heat up and create the second layer. The fudge will stay in place for a gorgeous presentation value.
Fudge can be stored at room temperature. Just allow it to fully set up, then slice and store in an airtight container.
If you don’t plan to eat fudge right away, go ahead and wrap tightly in aluminum foil and then freezer for 3-4 months. Just store it in a freezer bag or airtight container. Then remove and thaw on the counter before serving.
Slice and serve up this fudge and then store in an airtight container. It is important that your fudge is stored in a tight container so it doesn’t dry out.
Fudge can be stored at room temperature, in the fridge, or toss in the freezer for storing it for later.
Fun Peppermint Desserts
- Peppermint Martini
- No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
- Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Thin Mint Ritz
- No Bake Layered Peppermint Dessert
Chocolate Fudge Layer
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate can use milk chocolate
- 14 ounces sweeteend condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Peppermint Fudge Layer
- 2 cups pink melting chocolate
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- 1/23 cup mini chocolate chips
- Start by melting your semi sweet chocolate chips in a bowl with the sweetened condensed milk. I just placed it in the microwave and heated it in 30 second intervals. Stir between each heat cycle.
- When the chocolate chips are fully melted you will add in the vanilla and stir. Then pour into an 8×8 pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Now in a bowl add in pink melting chocolate and condensed milk heaing every 30 seconds. Stir between each heat cycle.
- Once the chcolate is melted stir in the vanilla and peppermint extract. Then pour this over the chocolate layer.
- Then you can add on the crushed candy canes and mini chocolate chips if you want.
- Now for the peppermint fudge you will want to to let it sit up for 2-3 hours.
- Slice and serve this mint fudge for a tasty treat.