Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage is the perfect St. Patrick’s Day meal to serve up a crowd or your family. Corned beef and cabbage is so easy in the Foodi. Tender juicy corned beef brisket that is paired with potatoes, carrots, and cabbage.
The Ninja Foodi is the easiest way to get perfectly cooked corned beef brisket each and every time. Add in the cabbage and you have a meal to serve up your family.
I will walk you through how to make this Ninja Foodi corned beef! You will cook your corned beef for so long and then add in your veggies and get them perfectly cooked.
- Corned Beef Brisket
- Chicken Stock
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Onion And Garlic
- Thyme, Bay Leaves
- Gold Baby Potatoes
- Green Cabbage
- Brown Sugar
- Dijon Mustard
How to Make
Full directions on how to make this Ninja Foodi corned beef and cabbage are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Step One: Start by placing the corned beef in the Ninja Foodi, fat side down. Then you will add in the seasoning packet that came with the corned beef.
Step Two: Pour in the stock, vinegar, onion, garlic, thyme and the bay leaves. Place the lid on the Ninja, and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
Step Three: Select manual pressure cook and set the time for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Press the start/stop button to start cooking. Once the time is up, allow it to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to push off extra pressure.
Step Four: Now you will open the lid and remove the brisket, and the garlic and bay leaves.
Step Five: Add on the potatoes, carrot, and cabbage to the Ninja Foodi pot with the liquid. Place the lid on the Ninja and set valve to sealing.
Step Six: Pressure cook for 3 minutes, and quick release when done.
Step Seven: For the glaze, you will mix the brown sugar and water in a pan, on medium-high heat. Once it boils, stir in the mustard and let it cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce to a thicker texture.
Step Eight: Place corned beef on top of the vegetables once the veggies are done. Then pour the glaze over the brisket.
Step Nine: Get the crisping lid and place on top, and then use the air crisp feature for 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Let the brisket rest for 15 minutes once it is done, and cut against the grain. Serve with the cabbage, carrots, and potatoes.
What Is In The Spice Packet For Corned BeefCorned Beef Seasoning Packets will vary depending on what brand you buy and the area you live in. Most have peppercorns, mustard seeds, bay leaves, dill, and a few other whole spices.
You do not have to use the packet of seasoning if you prefer to make up your mix.
If you have leftovers you will be able to store the corned beef and the veggies in the fridge for 3-4 days. You will find the cabbage is best eaten right away. As it cools and is stored in the fridge it becomes even soggier. We tend to throw away any cabbage we don’t eat that night.
You will start by cooking your corned beef first, then after so long you will add in your veggies and cook them.
If you cooked the vegetables as long as you do the corned beef you would end up with mush.
Because you are cooking in the Ninja Foodi you can reach for either cut of brisket. Flat or Point they both are great. Since you pressure cook it becomes extremely tender and juicy.
Flat cut corned beef is like it says, flatter in size. You can see on the package what it is. You will find the corned beef is leaner and can be tougher in texture.Point Cut Corned Beef Pointier on one edge and tapers down on the other side. Point-cut is also a fattier cut of meat.
You want to cut against the grain when you slice corned beef. Brisket is one of the toughest meat, and you want to ensure it is tender by slicing correctly.
Glazed Corned Beef
I put a glaze on corned beef to add incredible texture and flavor. Dijon Mustard, brown sugar, and water are all you need to get that rich crust that is so flavorful.
More Recipes To Try
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Beef Pot Pie
- Ninja Foodi Rotisserie Chicken
- Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Bone Broth
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 4 to 5 pounds corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion diced
- 7 cloves garlic peeled
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 ½ pounds gold baby potatoes scrubbed
- 1 pound carrots peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 head green cabbage cored and cut in wedges
For glaze, if desired:
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup water
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- Place brisket in the cooker pot with the fat-side down. Add seasoning packet, stock, balsamic vinegar, onion, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Cover the cooker with lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the electric pressure cooker to manual or “pressure cook” for 1 hour and 15 minutes or 75 minutes. Press start/stop to begin the cooking cycle. Once the cycle is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes before quick release.
- Remove the brisket from the cooker and keep warm. Also remove the
garlic and bay leaves.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and cabbage to the pot with the liquid. Cover the cooker with lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the electric pressure cooker to manual or “pressure cook” for 3 minutes. Press start/stop to begin the cooking cycle. Once the cycle is complete, quick release the pressure.
- To make the glaze: In a small saucepan, heat the brown sugar and water over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Stir in the mustard and continue cooking until the sauce is reduced, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the corned beef brisket over the vegetables and pour the glaze over the corned beef. Replace the crisping lid and set the Air Crisp function to 400 degrees. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove brisket and allow to rest for 15 minutes prior to slicing.
- To serve, slice brisket against the grain. Serve with vegetables and
- mustard, if desired..
- Ninja FD302 Foodi 11-in-1 Pro 6.5 qt. Pressure Cooker & Air Fryer that Steams, Slow Cooks, Sears, Sautés, Dehydrates & More, with 4.6 qt. Crisper Plate, Nesting Broil Rack & Recipe Book, Silver/Black