Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage is the perfect St. Patrick’s Day meal to serve up a crowd or your family. Corned beef and cabbage is so easy in the Foodi.
Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage
Ninja Foodi is the easiest way to get perfectly cooked corned beef brisket each and every time. Add in the cabbage and you have a meal to serve up your family.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
Corned Beef Brisket
I will walk you through how to make this Ninja Foodi corned beef! You will cook your corned beef for so long and then add in your veggies and get them perfectly cooked.
Can I Cook The Corned Beef And Cabbage All At Once
You will start by cooking your corned beef first, then after so long you will add in your veggies and cook them.
If you cooked the vegetables as long as you do the corned beef you would end up with mush.
What Cut Of Meat Do I Buy in Corned Beef
Because you are cooking in the Ninja Foodi you can reach for either cut of brisket. Flat or Point they both are great. Since you pressure cook it becomes extremely tender and juicy.
Flat Cut Corned Beef
Flat cut corned beef is like it says, flatter in size. You can see on the package what it is. You will find the corned beef is leaner and can be tougher in texture.
Point Cut Corned Beef
Pointier on one edge and tapers down on the other side. Point-cut is also a fattier cut of meat.
What Is In The Spice Packet For Corned Beef
Corned Beef Seasoning Packets will vary depending on what brand you buy and the area you live in. Most have peppercorns, mustard seeds, bay leaves, dill, and a few other whole spices.
You do not have to use the packet of seasoning if you prefer to make up your mix.
What Is The Best Way To Slice Corned Beef Brisket
You want to cut against the grain when you slice corned beef. Brisket is one of the toughest meat, and you want to ensure it is tender by slicing correctly.
Glazed Corned Beef
I put a glaze on corned beef to add incredible texture and flavor. Dijon Mustard, brown sugar, and water are all you need to get that rich crust that is so flavorful.
Looking For More Dinner Recipes
- 4 to 5 pounds corned beef brisket (with seasoning packet)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion, diced
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 ½ pounds gold baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and cut in wedges
For glaze, if desired:
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup water
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- Place brisket in the cooker pot with the fat-side down. Add seasoning packet, stock, balsamic vinegar, onion, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Cover the cooker with lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the electric pressure cooker to manual or “pressure cook” for 1 hour and 15 minutes or 75 minutes. Press start/stop to begin the cooking cycle. Once the cycle is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes before quick release.
- Remove the brisket from the cooker and keep warm. Also remove the
garlic and bay leaves.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and cabbage to the pot with the liquid. Cover the cooker with lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the electric pressure cooker to manual or “pressure cook” for 3 minutes. Press start/stop to begin the cooking cycle. Once the cycle is complete, quick release the pressure.
- To make the glaze: In a small saucepan, heat the brown sugar and water over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Stir in the mustard and continue cooking until the sauce is reduced, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the corned beef brisket over the vegetables and pour the glaze over the corned beef. Replace the crisping lid and set the Air Crisp function to 400 degrees. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove brisket and allow to rest for 15 minutes prior to slicing.
- To serve, slice brisket against the grain. Serve with vegetables and
- mustard, if desired..
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 690Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 430mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 14gProtein: 59g