Instant Pot Chili is such an easy and quick way to make homemade chili in a fraction of the time.
Instant Pot Chili
Ground beef chili is my husband’s favorite, so I wanted to take my classic chili recipe and transfer it into an Instant Pot Chili recipe.
This ground beef chili recipe is loaded with veggies, flavor and more.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
How Do You Make Instant Pot Chili
First, you start by sauteing the meat in the pot with some oil. Or if you have the non-stick pot this works great.
I add in my onions, celery, and peppers as it cooks. A bean and beef chili that is loaded with flavor in every single bite.
Why Make Chili In The Instant Pot
- Quick Cook Time | Cooking Chili in the Instant Pot speeds up the cooking time by so much. It really infuses all the spices and seasoning so every bite is loaded with flavor.
- Easy | This chili is so easy to make. You can saute meat and veggies and pressure cook all in the same pot. Less cleanup!
- Less Energy | The Instant Pot uses less energy when it comes time to cook compared to the stovetop! Which is always a plus.
Ingredients For Pressure Cooker Chili
- chili seasoning
- Rotel or Diced Tomatoes
How To Make Instant Pot Chili
- Start by sauteing your beef, onions, peppers, and celery. Once it is cooked through then mix in your seasoning and stir.
- Then pour beans, V8 juice, and water.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes and do a quick release slowly. That way you don’t get too much steam out at once and make a mess.
- Give a stir and then turn to saute and let the chili thicken to your consistency you want.
Why Is My Instant Pot Chili To Thin
To cook in a pressure cooker the liquid has to be a thinner texture or you will get a burn notice.
So you will add water to make it a thinner texture, and then once it is done cooking turn it over to saute and cook until it thickens.
You can cook for 10 minutes or so stir often and it will thicken.
Topping Ideas For Chili
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Splash of Pickle Juice
- Oyster Crackers or Saltines
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh Jalapenos for spice
You can literally put any and all your favorite toppings on your pizza. Make it a chili station and let each person load there bowl up how they like it.
What Beans to Use For Bean Chili
We love pinto beans in our chili. But you can mix and match and do like some pinto and some kidney beans.
Feel free to play around and use whatever beans or combination you prefer.
We don’t care for kidney beans that much so I try to leave them out.
How To Store Leftover Chili
Store leftover chili in the fridge for up to three days. Then reheat it in the microwave, slow cooker or even a pan on the stove.
It tastes even better the next day as the flavors blend even more!
Can You Freeze Chili
Yes! Chili freezes amazingly. All you have to do is let the chili cool a bit, and then place it in a sealable freezer bag or containers.
My husband takes leftovers for lunch so I tend to freeze in containers. Then he can grab a container from the freezer and sit in the fridge the night before he plans to eat.
Here are more Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Pierogi Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup
- Loaded Potato Soup
- 15 Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Spicy Lasagna Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 10 oz can of Rotel or Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can v8 (11.5 oz)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Packet Chili Seasoning (2 tablespoons)
- 2- 27 ounce cans of Chili Beans (we used pinto beans in chili sauce)
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute and add in your oil, hamburger, diced onions, peppers, and celery. Cook until the hamburger is no longer pink.
- Now add in your taco seasoning and stir it around and then mix in your v8, Rotel or diced tomatoes, beans and water.
- Give a stir and then put the lid on the pressure cooker and set to seal. Then do high pressure for 20 minutes, and do a quick release.
- When I quick release I do it a little slow so that it doesn't let too much steam or liquid out at once.
- Now you can turn the Instant Pot to saute with the lid off and stir and cook your chili a bit longer if you want it thicker in texture. I cooked ours for about 10 minutes stirring often.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 1579mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 24g