Instant Pot Pierogi Soup is a super fast and easy Instant Pot Soup recipe to whip up. If you are a fan of Pierogi then you have to try this simple soup.
If you are wondering how to cook Pierogi in the Instant Pot I have a super great Instant Pot beginner’s recipe. This is so simple to make with minimal steps.
4 Ingredients is all it takes to make this Pierogi soup recipe. If you have some Pierogi in your fridge or freezer, pull it out and try this recipe today.
What Are Pierogi
Pierogi are one of a kind. They are similar to a dumpling that offers a mashed potato and cheese flavor in every bite. They are great to be used in making casseroles, soups, and more. The potato filling on these are so rich and savory.
Can I Add Meat To This Soup
Yes, you can add sausage or chicken to this Pierogi Soup. I have actually done shredded chicken that was in the freezer and used it as a quick toss in. I have also diced up Kielbasa and it turned out great. Just make sure the meat you add in is cooked since the cooking time is so fast.
You can easily transform this into a pierogi and sausage soup or chicken and sausage pierogi recipe. Leftover holiday ham or turkey would also be a great addition to this soup.
Can I Make this Pierogi Soup On The Stove
Absolutely! Just saute as directed in the pan and then cook it on the stove just like the Instant Pot until your soup is cooked fully. This is very easy to convert to the stovetop if you don’t want to cook in the Instant Pot.
Topping Ideas for Pierogi Soup
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Bacon Crumbles
- Salt and Pepper
Do You Use Frozen Or Fresh Pierogis For Instant Pot Soup
For this recipe for Instant Pot soup, you can use fresh or frozen. If you want them to be softer reach for frozen. Or if you want them crisper on the outside reach for fresh so you can get a better sear on the outside when you saute in the Instant Pot.
Is Pierogi Soup Vegetarian
You can make this soup vegetarian by reaching for vegetable broth instead of chicken broth in the recipe. This is a fantastic recipe either way. So feel free to swap it out if you are looking for a vegetarian soup recipe to try out.
Looking for More Instant Pot Recipes
- Parmesan Risotto Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers | Another fantastic meatless dinner idea or side dish to whip up. Stuffed peppers got a makeover with this recipe.
- 30 Instant Pot Meals | Here is a great list of tons of Instant Pot meal ideas to whip up for your family and friends.
- Pizza Pasta Recipe | If you love pizza and pasta then this recipe is all for you! Give this cheesy pasta Instant Pot recipe a try.
- Instant Pot Beef Tips and Mashed Potatoes | This is one comfort food that you want to make over and over again.
- Instant Pot Peaches and Cream Dump Cake | Here is a great dessert recipe to make in your Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Pierogi Soup
- 10-12 pierogis thawed or fresh
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions
- 1-16 oz carton chicken or vegetable broth
- Sour cream optional
- Cheese optiona
- Place the butter in your instant pot and select the saute setting.
- Then you will melt the butter and then add in your Pierogis. Sear until golden brown, or skip this if you want them softer in texture.
- Add in green onions and your broth and cover the Instant Pot.
- Now choose the soup setting and cook for 5 minutes and do a natural release for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and cheese if you want.