Reuben rolls are a 5 ingredient dinner idea that is so delicious. A pizza dough that wraps up Swiss cheese, corned beef, and sauerkraut. A delicious twist to a classic Reuben sandwich.
Reuben Stromboli, Reuben bites, or whatever you want to call it. These rolls are filled with flavor and will be a treat. Pair with some Thousand Island dressing for dipping and serve these up for dinner.
I am a lover of a classic Reuben sandwich. You can head to the grocery store to get pre-cooked corned beef, roast beef, or use leftover corned beef for these kraut rolls.
These Reuben Rolls Are…
- Made with 5 ingredients
- Can use pre-made pizza dough
- Quick Dinner Idea
- Weeknight dinner idea
- Easy 30 minute dinner idea
Pizza Dough – You are more than welcome to buy refrigerated dough, or make homemade.
Corned Beef – I used deli corned beef but you can like I mentioned use homemade if you have leftovers on hand.
Sauerkraut – We love jarred sauerkraut, I just buy the regular flavor. I know they have some with flavors added in.
Swiss Cheese – Reach for sliced Swiss cheese or buy a block that you slice yourself.
Thousand Island Dressing – We love dipping the Reuben rolls into it once they are done.
- Use Crescent rolls in replace of pizza dough to make Reuben crescent rolls.
- Instead of corned beef you can easily swap and do a roast beef recipe. Just use deli meat.
- Make homemade Thousand Island dressing for dipping.
- Use mozzarella or even provolone cheese in replace of Swiss.
How To Make
This is a visual walk through on how to make these Reuben rolls. The full directions are below in the printable recipe card.
Step One: First, start by rolling out your pizza dough and cutting into rectangles. I rolled my dough to around 12×8 and did 8 equal rectangles.
Step Two: Followed by, mixing the kraut and dressing together. If you want you can leave out the dressing and just dip into it if you want.
Step Three: Then you will add on the corned beef to dough, sauerkraut, and cheese.
Step Four: Next, roll up each pizza dough, and tuck the edges into the sides, to help secure the filling. Then place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
Step Five: Bake in a preheated oven, and once done, remove and serve with more dressing if you would like.
Refrigerate – Make sure to refrigerate any leftovers you may have. You can store for 3-4 days in the fridge and then reheat as you would like.
Freezing – These are great frozen if you want to stock the freezer. Just freeze them raw or fully cooked. If they are pre-cooked you can warm in the microwave or wrap in foil and warm up in the oven.
Now if they are frozen raw, you can place in the oven froze, and just add extra cook time to ensure they heat all the way through.
Helpful Tips For Success
One big tip with these is to make sure the rolls are even in size. If you have some smaller and others larger you will get an uneven cook on the Reuben rolls.
The other thing is making sure to tuck in the sides, to create a sealed pizza crust outside. This is going to prevent all the cheese from oozing out. Therefore all the filling stays inside, otherwise it will make a mess and potentially burn a bit.
Here are some common questions for this Reuben recipe with pizza dough!
In other words, I hope you enjoy this easy recipe. Whip it up and enjoy.
- 1 Prepared pizza dough store bought or homemade
- 1 cup sauerkraut drained
- 1 pound Corned beef deli lunch meat or leftover homemade
- 3 tablespoons Russian Dressing or Thousand Island Dressing
- 4 Slices Swiss Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Then prep a baking sheet. I used a silicone baking mat.
- Roll out your pizza dough to around 12×9 inches and then use a pizza cutter to make 8 equal rectangles.
- In a bowl drain off all the liquid of your sauerkraut. It needs to be well drained or it will sog up the dough. Mix the sauerkraut with 2 tablespoons of dressing.
- On the pizza dough place some of the corned beef, top with 2 tablespoon sauerkraut, and top with a 1/2 slice of Swiss cheese.
- Now you will roll up the pizza dough, tucking in the sides as you roll.
- Place the seam side down on the baking sheet. Then bake for 12-15 minutes or until the Reuben roll ups are fully cooked.
- Pair with more dressing and enjoy.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Leave A Reply!