Whip up my classic crockpot sloppy joes recipe for dinner tonight. Ground beef, tomato sauce, brown sugar for a hint of sweetness, and more come together for the best homemade slow cooker sloppy joes.
A delicious homemade sloppy joe that is great for piling on buns, serving over fries a side of pea salad, and more.
Table of contents
Grab your pantry essentials and whip up a satisfying dinner that is so simple! This is the best sloppy joe recipe ever, and it is crazy easy prep.
Why This Is The Best Crockpot Sloppy Joes Recipe…
- Easy to make
- Crockpot ground beef recipe
- Can use ground turkey, chicken, etc.
- Simple ingredients
- Family Friendly
Ingredients For Sloppy Joes
- Ground beef
- Red Bell Pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Yellow Mustard
- Garlic Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Tomato Sauce
- Salt And Pepper
How to Make
Step 1: Start by cooking your ground beef in a skillet on medium-high heat on stove. Cook until your ground beef is all chopped up and no longer pink.
Step 2: Drain off excess grease and then pour cooked hamburger into your crockpot.
Step 3: Add in tomato sauce, red bell peppers, diced onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and mustard along with seasoning. You can salt and pepper to taste the mixture.
Step 4: Stir well and place the lid on the sloppy joe mixture and cook as directed in a printable recipe card, below. You can do high or low on your slow cooker.
Step 5: Once done pile on hamburger buns and dive in!
My family loved this homemade sloppy joes recipe. It beats the canned sloppy joe sauce you pair with hamburger.
So this sloppy joe meat can be stored in a container in the fridge. It will store for up to three days.
Or if you want you can freeze leftovers. Place in a freezer bag or airtight container or freezer bag. You can freeze it flat so it takes up minimal room in the freezer.
Then warm up on the stove top, or toss the mixture back into slow cooker and warm it up that way. Cover and cook on low and allow it to fully warm up.
I hope you all enjoy this sloppy joe recipe in the slow cooker. We loved the fresh peppers and onions in this recipe paired with the rich tomato-based sauce.
Can I Use Ground Turkey In Sloppy Joes Recipe
Feel free to swap ground beef with ground turkey or chicken. You could even swap with other meats if you want.
Turkey is a lot leaner so it can be a healthier alternative.
What To Serve With Sloppy Joes
- French Fries or Potato Wedges
- Fresh Vegetables
- Cucumber Onion Salad
- Bean Salad
- Rutabaga Fries
- Vegetable Salad
- And More
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
Crockpot Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound ground beef browned
- 1 cup ketchup
- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- One the stove in a pan add your ground beef into the skillet and brown and crumble over medium heat.
- When the meat is done, drain off the excess grease.
- Pour the meat into the crockpot. Add in your onions, peppers, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, and salt and pepper. Give a good stir.
- Then close the lid on the slow cooker, and cook for 5-6 hours on low. Or 2-3 hours on high.
- Once the crockpot sloppy joes are done, stir well and then pile onto a hamburger bun with your favorite sides.