Mulled wine is made right in your Instant Pot. This Instant Pot mulled wine recipe is so simple, loaded with warm flavors, cozy to sip on, and perfect for a cold winter night. 8 ingredients and 1 minute cook time is all that is required.
Table of contents
If you are looking for an easy spirit mule you might enjoy this recipe. I opted for a pressure cooker to infuse all the flavors of spices, wine, and fruits in a hurry.
A hot wine that you will love to sip on. This is one of my favorite red wine recipes we serve up around Christmas and even Thanksgiving.
🍾Why You Will Love This Mulled Wine
- A quick and easy warm wine drink for social gatherings, and more.
- Simple ingredients you might have on hand.
- You can easily adapt the recipe to fit your preference.
- The Instant Pot speeds up the cooking time tremendously.
- A rich red wine bursting with flavor.
- A gorgeous display when you garnish with star anise, cinnamon sticks, or even orange slices.
- Great for any event you need to serve up a crowd.
🍷 What Is Mulled Wine
Mulled wine is where you take generally a red wine, and then add fruits and warm spices and a hint of sweetness from the sugar.
You sip on your wine warm, for a nice warm beverage to warm up on a cool winter day.
☕ How to Make
Making Instant Pot mulled wine is so simple. Just toss your wine in the Instant Pot, add in the fruit, brown sugar, and spices. Stir until combined.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the pressure valve is set to sealing. Then cook for 1 minute on high pressure.
Followed by a quick release of pressure. Once the pin drops and all the pressure has been released, open the lid, stir again, and serve in mugs or glasses!
Best Wine To Use For Mulled Wine
When you are making a warm wine, reds are ideal. Look for wine that offers a fruit and bright flavor. Merlot, Cabernet, Shiraz, Italian reds, etc.
You can use white wine as well if you prefer that. No need to buy an expensive bottle, just get something you enjoy the flavor of.
🍎 Expert Tips
- Feel free to use your favorite red wine to make this mulled line.
- For a sweeter wine, toss in a sliced apple!
- Leave out the brandy if you want to just have a classic wine without the brandy flavor added in.
- Using mulling spices
- Swap brown sugar with honey
- Swap Brandy with Bourbon
- Consider adding 1/2 cup of apple cider, cranberry juice, etc to the mix.
Because mulled wine contains alcohol, the answer is yes. You will still feel the effects of drinking alcohol.
Warm wine offers a very fruity and warm spice flavor. Since you add in brown sugar it adds sweetness to the wine as well. It is very flavorful and delicious.
You will serve your hot wine in mugs, glasses, or any style of cup. You can garnish with fruit slices, cinnamon stick, etc.
Your wine will keep for up to 3 days when stored in the refrigerator. Make sure you store your wine in an airtight container. Stir before you pour and drink. Then just warm up or drink cold.
You can strain the wine in a fine mesh sieve or you can leave the fruit as you pour into glasses. Either method works great.
Craving More Drinks
- Instant pot Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- Crockpot Mulled Cider
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- Cinnamon Spice Moscow Mule
- Espresso Martini
- Apple Pie Vodka
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 1 Bottle of red wine or even a white wine
- ½ Cup Brandy or Bourbon
- 1 Apple, sliced
- 1 Orange, sliced
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- 2 Cinnamon stick
- 2 Star anise
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pour your wine and brandy into the Instant Pot. Add in your cinnamon sticks, star anise, whole cloves, brown sugar, apple, orange, and lemon.
- Stir and then place the lid on the pressure cooker making sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Cook for 1 minute on high pressure. Once the timer goes off, do a quick release of pressure.
- Open the lid, stir, and then drain through a fine-mesh sieve if you would like to not have fruit in the drink. Or serve with the fruit and spices.
- Give the mulled wine a stir and serve it up warm, and garnish with cinnamon sticks, fresh fruit, etc.
To cook on the stove you will add all your ingredients into a saucepan. Then heat on medium-low, and once it begins to simmer, turn the heat down a bit. Let the warm wine mixture simmer for 15 minutes up to 3 hours before you serve. The longer it cooks the more flavor.
Use any of your favorite red wine or even white wine.
The apple slices taste amazing, you might enjoy nibbling on them once done.
Store leftover mulled wine in the fridge for up to three days.
Swap the Brandy with bourbon or another type of liquor. Just ensure you can use that brand of liquor in the Instant Pot.
You can use a mulling spices mix if you want to swap out with what I added into the hot drink.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.