Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta is a cheesy pasta dish that brings you all the classic flavors of your favorite Philly cheesesteak sandwich. Ground beef, tender pasta, green peppers, onions and loads of cheese, and more.
I love my Instant Pot! If you are interested in more easy dinner recipes, check out these. Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Rice, Hawaiian Meatballs using frozen meatballs for easy prep. And for the chicken lovers, try my Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs!
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
Quick and Easy Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta
Let me walk you through how to make this Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta dish, common questions, and even tips to help you create the best meal for your family.
How To Make
Step 1: Start by turning your Instant Pot To the Saute Feature. Then start to brown your ground beef (try the mix and chop!). If you are using a leaner ground beef add in 1/2 a tablespoon of oil to help prevent sticking.
Step 2: When your ground beef is close to being fully cooked, Toss in your peppers and onions that you have prepped. Once the meat is fully cooked, you can remove grease if you would like before moving to the next step.
Step 3: Pour in your water or beef broth, ketchup, Worcestershire. Use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom of the pot. It needs to be clean or you run the risk of a burn notice. Consider buying the nonstick Instant Pot liner!
Step 4: Add in the pasta. Press the pasta down into the liquid but do not stir. Place lid on, seal the vent and cook for 6 minutes followed by a quick release.
Step 5: Once your dish is done, open the lid and put in all the cheese but just a bit and stir. Then once well combined and cheesy, top with remaining cheese and serve.
Can I Use A Different Meat
Absolutely! Cook up some ground turkey, pork, or even chicken. Or if you have steak on hand you want to slice up thinly, go right ahead.
This recipe is rather versatile so you can swap out the meat for what you have on hand. I just wanted to make this an Instant Pot ground beef recipe that was affordable to make.
What Is The Best Pasta To Use
Honestly, any smaller shaped pasta works. Rotini, shells, elbow, etc. Any pasta that pressure cooks works in this recipe.
I just recommend not doing spaghetti style, as that gives this dish a whole new texture.
Variations To Recipe
- Add in 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- Use a different meat, steak, ground turkey, etc
- Swap out the cheese for say pepper jack for heat or even mozzarella
- Use bone broth in replace of liquid
You will find you can alter this cheesesteak recipe to fit your needs and what you have in your pantry and fridge. Philly cheesesteak instant pot dish is versatile so create what you like.
How To Store
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. Then when you are ready eat cold, reheat in the microwave, or even heat on the stove.
If you do stovetop you might need to add a bit of liquid to prevent drying out.
Because of the cheese and such in this recipe, you will find it isn’t the best to freeze. The texture of the dish will change once it thaws out. If you want to try it I recommend doing a smaller batch and see how you like it.
Here are a few more easy Instant Pot dinner ideas
Give this instant pot ground beef Philly cheesesteak pasta a go and let me know what you think if this easy recipe.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into1-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 (16 ounces) box rotini pasta
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn your Instant Pot to Saute.
- Once hot, add in your ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. If you are using a leaner beef, add a tablespoon of oil in to help prevent sticking. Cook for around a bit, while prepping your veggies.
- Toss in your onions and peppers, and finish cooking the ground beef until no longer pink. Stir in garlic at the very end.
- Pour in your beef broth, Worcestershire, and ketchup and stir. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan, so you don't get burn notice.
- Now pour in your pasta, and just press it down into the water, do not stir.
- Place your Instant Pot Lid on and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Cook 5 minutes high pressure followed by a quick release of pressure.
- Turn the Instant Pot off once your dish is cooked, and stir in your cheese. Then place the Instant Pot lid on for just a minute to allow the cheese to melt, with the pot off.
- You can sprinkle additional cheese on top if you want a nice presentation value. Spoon up your Philly cheesesteak pasta and enjoy a comforting bowl for dinner.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 1150mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 42g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.