Instant Pot Lemon Poppy Seed Cake is the ULTIMATE Instant Pot Cake. If you are a fan of lemon you will swoon over this bright and citrus filled lemon cake that is bursting with flavor.
Instant Pot Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Instant Pot lemon cake is one recipe I was dying to make. While I couldn’t find a recipe, I decided to create my own. This pressure cooker lemon cake is one you will make over and over again.
Here are more lemon recipes
- Try Instant Pot Lemonade for another lemon recipe!
- Jumbo Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Summer Brew Cocktail
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Moist Lemon Cake
This Instant Pot cake is super moist! Granted it is a thinner cake, but you could always make two cakes and make it a layered cake.
It packs tons of flavor so I am fine with it being thinner in size.
Can I Make Cake In My Instant Pot
I hear this a lot, and the answer is yes! You can make a cake in your Instant Pot.
What Is The Cake Setting On Instant Pot
I used the classic High-Pressure setting for making my cake in the Instant Pot. I cooked this lemon cake for 25 minutes with a natural release for 15 minutes.
How To Make Instant Pot Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Start by lining your Instant Pot Cake Pan with a piece of parchment paper on the bottom along with spritzing with cooking spray.
Then you will mix up your dry ingredients in one bowl, and mix wet ingredients in another. Incorporate the two, and then pour into a cake pan, and then pour 1/2 cup water into your pot.
Add your silicone sling and set the cake in, and seal and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes with a natural release for 15 minutes.
Allow to cool then mix up your lemon glaze and pour over the top of the cake!
Tools Helpful And Needed For Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Lemon Glaze For Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
I wanted to create a simple 2-ingredient lemon glaze. Powdered sugar and lemon juice are what you will use.
Create a creamy base, and then pour it over your decadent lemon poppyseed cake! It adds even more lemon flavor in each bite.
I added a bit of lemon zest on top for a pop of color and more lemon flavor.
How To Store Lemon Poppy Seed Cake With Lemon Glaze
You will want to store your leftover lemon cake with the lemon glaze in the fridge.
Your cake will store for 3-5 days. Of course, this cake-like any other flavor is best when served within the first few days.
If you don’t want to make the lemon glaze you are more than welcome to keep it off if you prefer.
More Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- Instant Pot Sticky Buns
- Nutter Butter Cheesecake
- Creamy Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Bites
Instant Pot Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- ¾ cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest I did zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup lemon juice about 1 full lemon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Spray your instant pot cake pan with cooking spray, and line with parchment paper on the bottom.
- In a bowl Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Now in a new bowl you will add in your butter, sugar, lemon juice, zest, sour cream, and egg. Whip the lemon cake batter until creamy.
- Then add dry ingredients to your wet ingredients stirring with a whisk.
- Pour your cake batter into your cake pan, and then place it in the rubber sling.
- Add ½ cup water into pressure cooker. Then place your cake into the Instant Pot.
- Place Instant Pot lid on, and make sure the valve is sealed. You will then cook high pressure 25 minutes. Then allow it to natural release for 15 minutes, and then release any leftover pressure and remove cake.
- I placed the lemon poppy seed cake on a cooling rack to cool.
- Now you will mix the 1 cup of powdered sugar in a bowl and slowly add in a little lemon juice at a time. You might not use it all. You want it to be a thicker glaze.
- When lemon cake is cooled, pour the glaze over the top.