Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is one of our go-to easy weeknight dinners! If you are short on time, whip up this chicken and rice with vegetables. Tender chicken, fluffy rice, and a handful of vegetables to add flavor in every bite.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
Grab your skinless chicken breast or chicken tenderloins and create a dinner that kids and adults will enjoy. This chicken rice Instant Pot is a favorite.
How To Make Chicken And Rice
Step 1: Pour your chicken stock, lemon juice, Herbes De Provence, salt, pepper in to the mix. Give a quick stir.
Step 2: Now add in your onions, bell peppers, basmati rice, and your diced chicken breasts. I put them in, in this order so that the rice is in the liquid and the chicken is on top.
Step 3: Place your lid on the Instant Pot, and seal making sure valve is sealed. Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. Followed by a quick release.
Step 4: Once you open the pressure cooker, place sweet corn on top, and cover with the lid, leave the Instant Pot off. Then let it sit 5 minutes to steam the corn.
Variations To Instant Pot Chicken Rice
- Saute chicken in oil to get it a little brown first, and then add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in different veggies like frozen mixed vegetables. Just don’t use canned vegetables as they will turn to mush.
- Top with cheese for a cheesy chicken rice dish.
- Use chicken tenderloins or boneless thighs in replace of chicken breast.
There are ways to change up this comfort food recipe to fit what you want. I have even cooked it with white rice in replace of basmati rice.
This has become as a go-to Instant Pot Chicken recipe for us.
Looking for More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- Peach BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
What is Herbes De Provence Seasoning
Herbes De Provence is a spice blend I really enjoy using. It is a blend of spices – Basil, Parsley, Lavender Flowers, Marjoram, Rosemary, Sage, Savory, and Thyme.
It is full of flavor and one of my favorites when I cook rice and chicken. If you don’t have this blend, you can do a mix of your own spices if you would prefer.
You can swap with Italian seasoning in a pinch!
Can I Make This Without Chicken
You bet! Leave the chicken out and you can even reach for a vegetable broth if you want this to be a vegetarian side dish! Go right ahead and do that if you prefer.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- 1 ¾ cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence Or Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 bell peppers deseeded and diced
- 1 cup white basmati rice rinsed and drained
- 3 large chicken breasts diced and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- Add in your chicken stock, Herbs De Provence, Salt, pepper, lemon juice, and garlic and mix it up. Now toss in your onions and peppers.
- Pour in your basmati rice, diced chicken, and close the lid on your Instant Pot. Make sure the valve is set to seal.
- Do manual high pressure 4 minutes with a quick release.
- Once you open the lid and pour in your corn and just place the lid on to help warm the rice. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and give your rice recipe a stir and serve up. Top with more Herbs de Provence and green onions on your chicken and rice.
- This Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is one of my favorite weeknight dinners that is so easy to make and requires minimal ingredients.