Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is one of our go-to easy weeknight dinners! If you are short on time, whip up this chicken and rice with vegetables. Tender chicken, fluffy rice, and a handful of vegetables to add flavor in every bite.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
Grab your skinless chicken breast or chicken tenderloins and create a dinner that kids and adults will enjoy. This chicken rice Instant Pot is a favorite.
How To Make Chicken And Rice
Step 1: Pour your chicken stock, lemon juice, Herbes De Provence, salt, pepper in to the mix. Give a quick stir.
Step 2: Now add in your onions, bell peppers, basmati rice, and your diced chicken breasts. I put them in, in this order so that the rice is in the liquid and the chicken is on top.
Step 3: Place your lid on the Instant Pot, and seal making sure valve is sealed. Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. Followed by a quick release.
Step 4: Once you open the pressure cooker, place sweet corn on top, and cover with the lid, leave the Instant Pot off. Then let it sit 5 minutes to steam the corn.
Variations To Instant Pot Chicken Rice
- Saute chicken in oil to get it a little brown first, and then add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in different veggies like frozen mixed vegetables. Just don’t use canned vegetables as they will turn to mush.
- Top with cheese for a cheesy chicken rice dish.
- Use chicken tenderloins or boneless thighs in replace of chicken breast.
There are ways to change up this comfort food recipe to fit what you want. I have even cooked it with white rice in replace of basmati rice.
This has become as a go-to Instant Pot Chicken recipe for us.
Looking for More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- Peach BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
What is Herbes De Provence Seasoning
Herbes De Provence is a spice blend I really enjoy using. It is a blend of spices – Basil, Parsley, Lavender Flowers, Marjoram, Rosemary, Sage, Savory, and Thyme.
It is full of flavor and one of my favorites when I cook rice and chicken. If you don’t have this blend, you can do a mix of your own spices if you would prefer.
You can swap with Italian seasoning in a pinch!
Can I Make This Without Chicken
You bet! Leave the chicken out and you can even reach for a vegetable broth if you want this to be a vegetarian side dish! Go right ahead and do that if you prefer.
- 1 ¾ cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence (Or Italian Seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and diced
- 1 cup white basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 large chicken breasts, diced and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels
- Add in your chicken stock, Herbs De Provence, Salt, pepper, and mix it up. Now toss in your onions and peppers.
- Pour in your basmati rice, diced chicken, and close the lid on your Instant Pot. Make sure the valve is set to seal.
- Do manual high pressure 4 minutes with a quick release.
- Once you open the lid and pour in your corn and just place the lid on to help warm the rice. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and give your rice recipe a stir and serve up. Top with more Herbs de Provence and green onions on your chicken and rice.
- This Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is one of my favorite weeknight dinners that is so easy to make and requires minimal ingredients.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.