Transform a boxed white cake mix into this decadent and dreamy white poke cake with chocolate ganache and berries. This poke cake is so moist and has chocolate ganache throughout with a whipped chocolate ganache frosting that will knock your socks off.
If you are looking for more easy desserts I have a few for your to try out. No Bake Peanut Butter Lasagna, Cornflake Cookies, or my no-bake s’mores pie.
White Poke Cake
Then tame it down with some fresh berries, and you have one awesome dessert. It might look extravagant and taste like a million dollars but this white poke cake recipe really easy to make.
Wow, your guest with a simple poke cake recipe. This is a fantastic red, white, and blue poke cake. Call it a 4th of July poke cake!
Summer Poke Cake
Summer is here and I love getting outside having friends and family come over, and grilling.
But, a barbeque wouldn’t be complete without a delicious dessert, and this chocolate ganache white poke cake with fresh berries is the dessert I am in love with. Poke cakes are always a winner in my books.
Or if you want something with a citrus take, check out my lemon pound cake! This is a great one for the summer months as well.
How To Make A Poke Cake
Step 1: Start by working on the batter for your cake. Pour into a 9×13 pan and bake accordingly.
Step 2: Then in a pan melt your chocolate chips and cream until melted. Then with a meat injector, you can easily put the ganache into the cake by squirting some into holes throughout the cake.
That way within each slice of cake you have that sweet ganache throughout the cake. I find that with the thin texture of the ganache the meat injector does the trick! Less mess than trying to spoon it in!
Step 3: Then with the leftover ganache, you put in the fridge to chill for around 30 minutes.
This will help with whipping it and creating that fluffy and light texture like you would get from a frosting.
With your spatula smooth it out and you have the easiest poke cake. Then top with berries right before serving and you have a scrumptious cake.
Easy Summer Dessert
White Poke Cake With Chocolate Ganache and Berries
- 1 18.25 box white cake mix (plus ingredients on the box)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups mixed berries
- 8 ounces whipped cream (Optional)
- In a bowl, you will mix up your cake mix as directed on the back of the box. Bake accordingly as well. Then place the cake to cool on a cooling rack.
- Take the back of a wooden spoon and poke holes all over the cake. This is where the ganache will soak into the cake.
- In a pan, you want to melt the chocolate chips and whipping cream on medium-low heat. Once it is melted, you have your chocolate ganache. I use a meat injector to pull up some of the chocolate ganache.
- Insert about 1/3 of the injector down into the cake and squeeze out some chocolate. Do this all over the cake making holes every little bit. This really makes the cake taste amazing.
- Refrigerate the remaining ganache, for 30 minutes. Then put the leftover ganache in a stand mixer and whip on high speed until it begins to thicken. It will give the ganache a thicker and fluffy consistency.
- Once your white poke cake is done, top with whipped cream, and fresh berries.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
What is your favorite cake flavor?