My crockpot hashbrown casserole makes the perfect side dish for any an every occasion. Shredded hashbrowns, cheddar cheese soup, sour cream, and more cheese are what is needed for this crockpot side dish.
Whether it is a simple dinner side or a holiday event, these slow cooker cheesy hashbrowns will be a hit. Best of all you use bagged frozen hash browns so he prep work is minimal for this cheesy potato dish.
This Hashbrown Casserole Recipe Is..
- Made in the crock pot
- Uses frozen hash browns
- Easy side dish for a holiday dinner or weeknight side dish
- Similar to funeral potatoes casserole
- Whole family enjoys this recipe
- Cheesy goodness
- Simple ingredients
Here is what you will need for these crock pot cheesy hashbrowns!
- Frozen Hashbrowns – Now I use the shredded but you could also use the cubed frozen hashbrowns.
- Cheddar Cheese Soup – This is a condensed soup, that adds even more cheesy flavor to this side dish.
- Sour Cream – The sour cream adds a nice tangy component to the casserole.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – You can use sharp, a blend of cheese varieties or even just a cheddar cheese.
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder – The only seasonings I used to help flavor the dish a bit.
How to Make
Full directions for this crockpot cheesy potatoes is in the printable recipe card. This amazing dish is so easy, just scroll to the bottom of post to print out ingredients list and directions.
Step One: Add the hash browns into the crockpot, spreading into an even layer.
Step Two: Next add all the other ingredients into a medium size bowl. Mix well to combine.
Step Three: Pour the mixture over the hashbrowns and mix to combine the cheesy hashbrown casserole.
Step Four: Place the lid on and cook as directed. Once done top with more black pepper an salt and extra cheese if you want.
Variations And Substitutes
- Add in 1/3 cup diced yellow onion.
- Swap sour cream with plain Greek yogurt.
- Use cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup in replace of cheese soup.
- Add in some dice ham to make this more of a breakfast casserole.
- Mix in a can of green chilies.
- Add in 1/4 cup milk.
- Add an extra half cup cheese on top and let it melt on top of the casserole dish.
- Add in 1/4 cup melted butter for a richer dish.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons cream cheese the last 30 minutes of cooking the crockpot hash brown casserole.
- Dice up half a red bell pepper and mix in with the potatoes.
- Add in 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.
Refrigerate – You will refrigerate any leftovers you don’t eat right away. Place in an airtight container and store for 3-5 days in the fridge.
Reheating – You can warm in the microwave until warmed. Or opt for the oven. Just place in a covered dish or use foil and then bake at 350 degrees until warmed through.
What to Serve With Hashbrown Casserole
More Crockpot Recipes
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole
- 32 ounces frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 10 ounce can of cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pour your hashbrowns into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl add the sour cream, soup, shredded cheese and spices. Mix well.
- Stir in the mixture to the hashbrowns. Then cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and stir well at the 1 hour mark. Then cover again and cook another 2-3 hours.
- Once done serve and enjoy.