Learn how easy it is to make this coleslaw dressing recipe with minimal ingredients. This coleslaw sauce is made with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, honey, celery seed, and apple cider vinegar. This coleslaw dressing will elevate your coleslaw to a whole new level.
This homemade coleslaw dressing is made with apple cider vinegar for a nice tang of flavor. Grab your green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots and toss together for a tasty classic creamy coleslaw. Whip this up for a backyard barbecue, side dish for dinner, and more.
This Coleslaw Dressing Recipe Is…
- Creamy Coleslaw Dressing
- Tangy with a Hint of Sweetness
- Easy To Whip Up
- Quick To Whip Up
Mayonnaise – You are welcome to use Miracle Whip instead of mayo if you would prefer.
Apple Cider Vinegar – Instead of apple cider you can swap with a white vinegar or even a wine vinegar.
Dijon Mustard – Dijon is a nice mild mustard that won’t over power the coleslaw dressing.
Honey – The honey is going to add a nice bit of sweetness to the dressing. Now you can swap with granulated sugar if you would like.
Celery Seed – The celery seed really elevates the flavor of the dressing and makes it stand out even more.
Salt and Pepper – Season with salt and pepper to taste.
How to Make
Full measurements and steps on how to make this creamy coleslaw recipe are in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk through on how to make this simple recipe.
Step One: In a large bowl you are going to add in mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, honey, celery seed and salt and pepper. Mix well until creamy.
Step Two: Taste and then add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Step Three: Next you will mix with shredded coleslaw. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours and then serve when you are ready.
Variations To Dressing
There are so many ways to change up this easy coleslaw recipe. Simple ingredients that can be changed up to elevate the recipe. I tend to store my dressing in a mason jar that is sealed tightly. But any container does work.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of lemon juice for additional tangy component.
- Instead of cabbage try a broccoli slaw instead.
- Top with some diced green onion right before serving.
- Use white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar, or distilled white vinegar instead of APV.
- Do half mayonnaise and half sour cream.
- Chopped cabbage is going to make it easier to eat.
- Pure maple syrup can be used instead of honey.
Refrigerate – Any coleslaw vinegar dressing you don’t use can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. The dressing will store for up to 3-5 days. I do recommend making the dressing and then pairing with the cabbage mix after.
That way it works on breaking down the cabbage and blending the flavors.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Coleslaw Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Celery Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl you are going to add the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, celery seed and salt and pepper.
- With a whisk mix well until nice and creamy.
- Then store the coleslaw dressing in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to use.
- 1 Whisk