Instant Pot Apple Cider Donut Muffins are mini apple cider muffins that have fresh bits of apples in every single bite. Roll in a cinnamon-sugar mixture for the ultimate breakfast to kick start the day.
Apple Cider Donut Muffins
Fall is approaching and with that comes apple cider desserts! These donut muffins are a must make! Fluffy, delicious, fresh apples in each bite, with an apple cider flavor!
How to Make Apple Cider Donut Muffins
Step 1: Start by spraying your egg bite molds with cooking spray. I used 2 egg bite molds for this recipe.
Then add 1 cup of water into your 6 quart Instant Pot. Or if you have an 8 quart, do 1 1/2 cups water.
Step 2: Now add your all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt into your mixing bowl. As well as your cinnamon and nutmeg.
Stir it around until mixed together.
Step 3: Now you will add in your milk, apple cider, diced apples, and vanilla. Mix, but do not overmix or it will make your egg bites tough.
Step 4: Now use a scoop and spoon your egg bites into your molds. I had batter to do 14 apple cider bites.
Step 5: Cover your egg bite molds with silicone cover or aluminum foil. Make sure it is tight so no condensation gets into egg bite molds.
Put in Instant Pot using a silicone sling or trivet. Cook for 10 minutes with a 10-minute natural release.
Step 6: Once your egg bites are done remove and roll in cinnamon and sugar. If it won’t stick, you can dip bites in melted butter then roll.
Tips For Making Apple Cider Muffins In Instant Pot
- Do Not Overmix or your muffin bites will be tough and chewy. This is very important. You mix until combined. It is best to use a bowl and spoon to mix instead of say a hand mixer.
- Dice apples very small since you are making mini bites, you don’t want the apple to be too large.
- You can stack your egg bite molds in the Instant Pot, or if you have just one, batch cook the apple cider muffins.
- Ensure your egg bite molds are tightly covered. I used the silicone lids that came with my molds. Otherwise tightly place aluminum foil all around the silicone mold.
- Roll in cinnamon sugar as soon as you remove. Use tongs to flip your egg bites in the mixture. If it won’t stick dip your bites in butter then roll.
What If I Don’t Have Apple Cider
If you can’t find apple cider yet, you are more than welcome to replace apple cider with a quality apple juice. It will help give a rich apple flavor to these apple donut muffins.
Apple cider doughnuts are one of our favorites so I knew I needed to create an Instant Pot egg bite mold dessert that paired the cider and apples together.
Storing Your Mini Donuts
If you have leftovers of your mini muffins, congrats! You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
I find it allows the bites to last longer than if you stored them at room temperature.
Then when you want one, remove from fridge and toss in the microwave to reheat for a fresh out of the oven flavor!
Can I Make This Using a Mini Muffin Pan and In The Oven
Don’t want to pressure cook your muffins? Reach for a mini muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees in the oven for 8-10 minutes ur until the bites are fully cooked.
It will cook just the same, and then roll in butter then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture!
If You Love Sweets, Check Out My Other Desserts
- Cheesecake Stuffed Apples | Here is an apple that is stuffed with a no-bake cheesecake filling and dipped in chocolate. The ultimate gourmet apple!
- Pumpkin Lush| A no-bake pumpkin dessert that is layers of creamy goodness with a bed of graham cracker crust.
- Blackberry Biscuits | Homemade biscuits that require just 5 simple ingredients.
- Lemon Cookies | If you love lemon, these fluffy and light cookies are a must-make!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apples, peeled and diced small
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup water - goes in Instant Pot
Cinnamon Sugar Dusting
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1. Start by adding water into your Instant Pot. Spray your egg bite molds with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- 2. In a bowl, you will add your flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
- 3. Now you will add in your milk, apple cider, and diced apples along with vanilla. Mix until combined. It is important to not overmix the dough.
- 4. Spoon the batter into your greased silicone egg bite molds. I did a little over half way full. It made 14 egg cider donuts for me.
- 5. Cover your molds with aluminum foil tightly or your silicone cover. Double stack your egg bites.
- 6. Use a trivet or a silicone sling for your molds to sit on and place in the pressure cooker with the water. Place the lid on Instant Pot.
- 7. Make sure the valve is set to sealing and do high pressure/manual for 10 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
- 8. After the 10 minutes natural release, you will release any remaining pressure. Remove egg bites and then roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- 9. Serve your apple cider donut muffins warm!
If the cinnamon-sugar mixture won't stick you can melt 3 tablespoons butter and roll your egg bites in butter and then in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to get it to stick.
Oven directions | Mix as directed and pour into mini muffin tin. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until muffins is cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.