Air Fryer Summer Squash Pizza is one of our favorites for using up yellow summer squash! Squash pizza is easy, quick prep, affordable and the ultimate snack or dinner to enjoy.
Summer Squash Pizza
I love french bread pizza, it is so easy to throw together and air fries in minutes! You can also bake this summer squash french bread pizza in the oven too.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp – Air Fryer Or Oven Cooking
Cook your French bread pizza in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp, classic Air Fryer or even in the oven! No matter how you cook these squash pizzas are so tasty.
How To Make French Bread Summer Squash Pizza
Step 1: Start by slicing your French Bread in half. Depending on the size of your air fryer you might need to slice the bread down a bit more. To ensure it fits on the rack or basket.
Step 2: Now you will add on your sliced summer squash. I used a mandoline to thinly slice my squash. You want even slices so it cooks properly.
Step 3: Place cheese on top, and then do dried oregano and garlic salt. Place in the air fryer or oven and cook accordingly to the recipe card below!
Easy Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
Once done slice into pieces and serve up! You can pair with more pizza sauce for dipping, ranch dressing or eat plain. No matter how you serve it up, this air fryer French bread pizza is so good.
Can I Add Different Toppings
When it comes to French bread pizza you are more than welcome to add any and all your favorite toppings! I wanted to make this an air fryer meatless recipe, but feel free to change it up.
- sprinkle red pepper flakes
- swap yellow squash for zucchini
- add pepperoni, sausage, ground beef, etc
- Use pepper jack cheese or other types of cheese – just heat till cheese is melted
- pile on sliced vegetables to make it a supreme style
Also, check out my chili cheese french fries pizza! It is so good!
Can I Make This A Vegan Air Fryer Recipe
If you want to make this vegan just make sure to use a vegan cheese substitute so that all your ingredients fit your dietary restrictions.
Storing Leftover Pizza
Let the pizza cool down and then store the loaf of french bread pizza slices in an airtight container in the fridge. Then eat leftovers cold or consider warming up in the air fryer, preheat the oven and reheat that way or the microwave.
Craving More Air Fryer Recipes
- BBQ Air Fryer Potato Wedges | Here are homemade potato wedges that are air fried and seasoned perfectly!
- Air Fryer Pigs in A Blanket | If you love classic pigs in a blanket try this air fryer puff pastry version!
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes | Give this Hasselback sweet potato recipe a try. So delicious, easy, and a great way to serve up sweet potatoes in a savory way.
- Air Fryer Meatloaf | Love meatloaf? Here is a great air fryer recipe to try out for dinner tonight.
- 1 loaf of French bread, sliced in half
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 1 yellow squash - sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- Start by slicing your squash into thin slices. I used my mandoline for even slices.
- Now slice your French bread in half lengthwise.
- Grab your pizza sauce and spread on some on each slice. Feel free to add as much or as little as you would like.
- Now you will top with your sliced yellow squash.
- Followed by mozzarella cheese and oregano and garlic salt.
- Place in the air fryer basket or tray and cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Then check on pizza and cook another 5 minutes.
- Once your cheese is melted and pizza is done, remove from air fryer and slice and serve.
- Depending on the style of air fryer you own will vary in cook time, as they all heat slightly different. So cook your summer squash French bread pizza to the desired doneness you prefer.
To cook this summer squash pizza in the oven, prepare the same way and place in a preheated oven at 425 degrees. Cook for 5-8 minutes and check on the doneness. You can turn the broiler on for 1-2 minutes to brown up the cheese if you would like.
Remove and slice and serve this French bread summer squash pizza and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 2 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 1096mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 16g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.