Air Fryer Summer Squash Pizza is one of our favorites for using up yellow summer squash! Squash pizza is easy, quick prep, affordable and the ultimate snack or dinner to enjoy. French bread topped with sauce sliced summer yellow squash, and cheese galore.
This is a delicious meal you can make any night of the week. Plus if you do not have an air fryer you can easily use a baking pan or pizza stone and bake in the oven. Plus you can be so creative with the toppings you use.
This squash pizza is…
- Made with French bread as the pizza crust
- Topped with shredded cheese and sliced squash
- Easy to make
- Quick cook time
I love french bread pizza, it is so easy to throw together and air fries in minutes! You can also bake this summer squash French bread pizza in the oven too.
Instant Pot Duo Crisp – Air Fryer Or Oven Cooking
Cook your French bread pizza in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp, classic Air Fryer or even in the oven! No matter how you cook these squash pizzas are so tasty. Or if you own a Ninja Foodi use the air fryer lid!
How To Make
Step 1: Start by slicing your French Bread in half. Depending on the size of your air fryer you might need to slice the bread down a bit more. To ensure it fits on the rack or basket.
Step 2: Now you will add on your sliced summer squash. I used a mandoline to thinly slice my squash. You want even slices so it cooks properly.
Step 3: Place cheese on top, and then do dried oregano and garlic salt. Place in the air fryer or oven and cook accordingly to the recipe card below!
Once done slice into pieces and serve up! You can pair with more pizza sauce for dipping, ranch dressing or eat plain. No matter how you serve it up, this air fryer French bread pizza is so good.
Can I Add Different Toppings
When it comes to French bread pizza you are more than welcome to add any and all your favorite toppings! I wanted to make this an air fryer meatless recipe, but feel free to change it up.
- sprinkle red pepper flakes
- add on red onions
- caramelized onions
- swap yellow squash for zucchini
- add pepperoni, sausage, ground beef, etc
- rosemary herb dried
- parmesan cheese
- drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar
- sprinkle salt and pepper one done
- Use pepper jack cheese, asiago cheese, or other types of cheese – just heat till cheese is melted
Also, check out my chili cheese french fries pizza! It is so good!
Can I Make This A Vegan Air Fryer Recipe
If you want to make this vegan just make sure to use a vegan cheese substitute so that all your ingredients fit your dietary restrictions.
Storing Leftover Pizza
Let the pizza cool down and then store the loaf of french bread pizza slices in an airtight container in the fridge. Then eat leftovers cold or consider warming up in the air fryer, preheat the oven and reheat that way or the microwave.
Craving More Air Fryer Recipes
- BBQ Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Pigs in A Blanket
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Crispy Coconut Shrimp
Air Fryer Summer Squash French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf of French bread sliced in half
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese – shredded
- 1 yellow squash – sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- Start by slicing your squash into thin slices. I used my mandoline for even slices.
- Now slice your French bread in half lengthwise.
- Grab your pizza sauce and spread on some on each slice. Feel free to add as much or as little as you would like.
- Now you will top with your sliced yellow squash.
- Followed by mozzarella cheese and oregano and garlic salt.
- Place in the air fryer basket or tray and cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Then check on pizza and cook another 5 minutes.
- Once your cheese is melted and pizza is done, remove from air fryer and slice and serve.
- Depending on the style of air fryer you own will vary in cook time, as they all heat slightly different. So cook your summer squash French bread pizza to the desired doneness you prefer.